Confidential Information Policy
While employed at Wentworth, an employee may have occasion to work with confidential and sensitive institutional information including student records. It is the employee’s obligation to keep such information in strict confidence and not to divulge it to family, friends, co-workers or any other third parties without express consent from Wentworth.
Sensitive information that must be kept in strict confidence includes, but is not necessarily limited to, the following information.
- Confidential official documents and information of the institution;
- Operational, accounting, and finance data and information;
- Salary, tax, and benefit information relating to individuals or groups;
- Business plans and strategies, negotiations and contracts;
- Student records and information; and
- All personnel information.
Supervisors will inform employees of the appropriate procedures and safeguards for the maintenance and transfer of confidential information. All employees are reminded that it is inappropriate to discuss information of a confidential nature in public areas. Any breach of confidentiality may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination.