WIT Students Raise Over $51,000 for One Fund
October 2, 2013
Back row, L to R: Alexis Noel, Jon Silva, Zach Cariveau, Jamie Newhouse, Liam Stokinger, and Chelsea Gazaille; kneeling, L to R: Austin Speer and Patrick Christan
What began as a modest goal to raise funds for victims of April’s Boston Marathon bombings quickly became a highly successful campaign as a group of Wentworth students has amassed over $51,000 in “Boston Strong” T-shirt sales.
The students, all Class of 2016 members, presented their earnings recently to the One Fund, the charity established to aid victims and their families.
The students involved with the project (and their respective majors and project roles) are as follows:
- Austin Speer, Mechanical Engineering Technology -- concept, design, production, and promotion
- Jon Silva, Architecture -- design, promotion, and concept
- Alexis Noel, Architecture -- design
- Patrick Christan, Architecture – design and promotion
- Zach Cariveau, Mechanical Engineering Technology – design and promotion
- Jamie Newhouse, Architecture – promotion and design
- Liam Stokinger, Applied Math – promotion
- Chelsea Gazaille, Architecture – design and promotion
- Dan Sussman, Mechanical Engineering Technology – design and promotion
- Erin McKinnon, Architecture – design and promotion
- October 21, 2020—Topics examined for inclusion ranged from academic offerings and campus initiatives to career preparation for "green" jobs.
- September 21, 2020—The move comes as part of Wentworth’s commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- September 14, 2020—Mark Thompson talks about university goals, connection to the Boston community and opportunities available to students and their families.