WIT Students Raise Over $51,000 for One Fund
October 2, 2013
Back row, L to R: Alexis Noel, Jon Silva, Zach Cariveau, Jamie Newhouse, Liam Stokinger, and Chelsea Gazaille; kneeling, L to R: Austin Speer and Patrick Christan
What began as a modest goal to raise funds for victims of April’s Boston Marathon bombings quickly became a highly successful campaign as a group of Wentworth students has amassed over $51,000 in “Boston Strong” T-shirt sales.
The students, all Class of 2016 members, presented their earnings recently to the One Fund, the charity established to aid victims and their families.
The students involved with the project (and their respective majors and project roles) are as follows:
- Austin Speer, Mechanical Engineering Technology -- concept, design, production, and promotion
- Jon Silva, Architecture -- design, promotion, and concept
- Alexis Noel, Architecture -- design
- Patrick Christan, Architecture – design and promotion
- Zach Cariveau, Mechanical Engineering Technology – design and promotion
- Jamie Newhouse, Architecture – promotion and design
- Liam Stokinger, Applied Math – promotion
- Chelsea Gazaille, Architecture – design and promotion
- Dan Sussman, Mechanical Engineering Technology – design and promotion
- Erin McKinnon, Architecture – design and promotion
- July 2, 2020—A 15-week academic schedule is planned with classes beginning on September 8.
- June 29, 2020—University professors and staff members discuss racial inequality and how race is addressed in academia as Wentworth takes steps to reflect, educate and act.
- June 29, 2020—Part II of our discussion with Nakisa Alborz, David Simpson, Alex Cabal, Rebecca Drossman and Aaron Carpenter on the topic of race.