Wentworth Excels in U.S. News’ 2021 Rankings, Jumps to #38 in Best Regional Universities North Category
September 14, 2020
The 2021 Best Colleges rankings from U.S. News & World Report (USNWR) show Wentworth Institute of Technology reaching its highest level ever—rising significantly in the publication’s Best Regional Universities North category. The university jumped eight spots in that cadre for the rankings published today, from #46 to #38. That rise continues a rapid upward trajectory for the institution in the Regional Universities group. Just two years ago, for the 2019 USNWR rankings, Wentworth came in at #62 in the Universities North cadre.
“Wentworth’s progress reflects the active-learning model that results in our graduates being in such high-demand,” said President Mark A. Thompson. “Our faculty and staff members deserve credit for consistently delivering high-value educational opportunities, including our hallmark cooperative education program.”
In the 2021 USNWR rankings, Wentworth is:
- #38 of 176 schools ranked for Best Regional Universities North. Wentworth was 46 of 179 universities in this category in the 2020 rankings.
- #33 of 220 schools ranked for Best Engineering Programs (Doctorate Not Offered)—Wentworth was #32 of 210 universities in this category in the 2020 rankings.
- #64 of 80 schools ranked for Best Value Schools (North)—Wentworth was #57 of 75 universities in this category in the 2020 rankings.
- #49 of 128 schools in Regional Universities North ranked as “A+ Schools for B Students.” (a new category)
Complex and sometimes controversial, the USNWR rankings are considered one of the top-quality indicators, if not the most highly regarded consumer reference tool in the crowded college rankings arena.
Wentworth has been spotlighted in other new and recent college rankings, as well. The Princeton Review recently released its 2021 rankings, and for the 14th consecutive year Wentworth has been named a Best in the Northeast selection in 2021 Best Colleges: Region By Region.
According to that publication, the 2021 rankings salute 655 colleges in five zones—Northeast, Southeast, Midwest, West, and International (outside of the United States)—that “we consider academically outstanding and well worth consideration in your college search.”
Online Schools Report, which bills itself as a new authority in online education data, has just ranked Wentworth 10th on its list of best online colleges for return on investment.
Online Schools Report synthesizes data from the National Center for Education Statistics, the Bureau of Labor Statics, Payscale, and the College Scorecard. Ultimately, colleges are scored based on their commitment to online education, admission rates, student satisfaction, alumni debt, and program specialty.
Learn.org has published its 2020-2021 school year rankings, and Wentworth Institute of Technology has been ranked #2 on the list of the 50 Best Architecture Degrees.
- September 24, 2020—The new degrees continue to advance graduate studies at the university.
- September 14, 2020—Mark Thompson talks about university goals, connection to the Boston community and opportunities available to students and their families.
- September 6, 2020—University named to ‘Best Colleges’ list for 14th consecutive year.