You are here
Southern China University Delegation Visits Wentworth Campus
January 23, 2019
A delegation from Southern University of Science and Technology in China visited the Wentworth Institute of Technology campus on Jan. 22 to meet with senior leadership and learn more about Wentworth’s success in the higher education sphere.
Southern University, located in the city of Shenzhen, along the South China Sea, is a public research university founded in 2009. Wentworth Vice President of Business David Wahlstrom and Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences Pat Hafford led nine of the Southern University representatives on a tour of Wentworth’s new Center for Engineering, Innovation and Sciences, and the High Tech Highway corridor consisting of the Manufacturing Center, Altchuler Center, and Gelfand Strength of Materials labs, among others.
The group also met with Wentworth senior leadership including President Zorica Pantić and Provost Eric Overstrӧm to discuss Wentworth’s programs, as well as any potential future partnerships. Photos can be found below or at Flickr.
The Southern University group consisted of:
- Chen Zhifeng, Director of Human Resources
- Xue Zheng, Director of Student Affairs
- Zhao Hongjun, Chief Enrollment Officer
- Ye Fei, Deputy Director of Faculty
- Wei Zhan, Major Prospect Director,
- Lu Qi, Faculty
- Li XingLin, Director of Fundamental Research
- Gu Hua, International Affairs Officer
- Cheng Jili, Economist
Wentworth representatives included:
- Zorica Pantić, President
- Eric Overström, Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost
- Sharon Matthews, Interim Associate Provost
- Fred Driscoll, Dean of the College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Pat Hafford, Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences and Interim Dean of the College of Professional and Continuing Education
- Chuck Hotchkiss, Dean of the College of Architecture, Design, and Construction Management
- Hong-Sheng Wu, Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Networking, College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Jones Yu, Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Networking, College of Engineering and Computer Science
- James Fan, Wentworth Alumnus ’17 BS Architecture; graduate student currently enrolled in Wentworth’s Master of Architecture program
- Liem Tran, Director of New Program Development in the College of Professional and Continuing Education
- Keiko Broomhead, Vice President for Enrollment Management
- David Wahlstrom, Vice President for Business
- Amy Intille, Vice President for Executive Affairs
- February 15, 2019—Student Shannon Sturtz helped build the very academic center she and classmates use regularly.
- February 12, 2019—With the recent completion of the Center for Engineering, Innovation and Sciences, the university will be able to hold this graduation ceremony in the quad on campus.
- February 4, 2019—Speaking to a gathering of 1,300 people at Boston Marriott Copley Place Hotel, President Pantić accepted the award in the Achievement in Health Care, Arts & Education category. She joined Anita Hill as one of nine women in senior leadership roles who were recognized.