You are here
News at Wentworth
- June 11, 2018—In recognition of Mayor Walsh’s achievements and leadership for the City of Boston, Wentworth will be presenting him with an honorary doctor of engineering degree, honoris causa.
- June 1, 2018—A group of professors at Wentworth Institute of Technology has been awarded a $350,000 grant from the National Institutes of Health to test the strength of a new superconducting wire for potential use with high field magnets.
- May 18, 2018—Mike Johnson, BELM ’05, and Rob Kodadek, BELM ’05, whose company has worked on the Saturday Night Live studio and Super Bowl XLIX, among other projects, created a lighting module that inspired a world of creativity in Wentworth’s junior industrial design studio.
- May 15, 2018—The Wentworth Institute of Technology Concrete Canoe team was awarded one of six wild card invitations to the 2018 National Concrete Canoe Competition, where it will compete against 24 other teams.
- May 15, 2018—After months of work, a team of students from Wentworth Institute of Technology is heading to a global competition with a submersible ROV that it built from scratch on the university’s Boston campus
- May 4, 2018—Gilbane has partnered with Wentworth faculty members to form a hands-on educational program around its design and construction, including bi-weekly site tours, an evening lecture series focused on construction and design discipline.
- April 27, 2018—Wentworth students are meeting with coordinators from the Boston Public Health Commission and noting several ways the 112 Southampton Shelter can become more energy efficient.
- April 26, 2018—Assistant Professor John Voccio joins "Inside Wentworth" to discuss his work with Perkins School for the Blind.
- April 23, 2018—Kicking off the region’s annual college commencement season at Wentworth Institute of Technology, Massachusetts Port Authority executive Houssam Sleiman told some 383 graduates to stay resilient, serve others, and never give up on their dreams.
- April 19, 2018—Houssam Sleiman will deliver the keynote address and receive an honorary doctor of engineering degree at the event, while Wentworth alumnus Faisal Al Shawaf will also receive an honorary doctor of engineering degree.
- April 18, 2018—“Framing Chinese Architecture”—combining architectural ambition with historic touches—is now on display at the Douglas D. Schumann Library & Learning Commons.
- April 17, 2018—Haylee Bacik is often noted as the future of construction by her professors and considered an inspiration to all young women who aspire to build. On Saturday, she will receive her Master of Science in Construction Management.
- April 17, 2018—Tyler Springhetti is leaving Wentworth with a variety of experiences under his belt.
- April 17, 2018—Esti Shapiro has made a name for herself at Wentworth as an aspiring designer, writer, and activist.
- April 12, 2018—The first-place team members were Daniel Collins, Jeffrey Huey, Houssam Antar, and their advisor, Professor Hossein Noorian.
- April 9, 2018—The seventh master’s program for Wentworth offers a unique mix of classes and expertise.