Family and Alumni Weekend 2015
October 28, 2015
President Zorica Pantic shares a laugh with Michael Santora, '05
The inaugural Celebrating Wentworth and the Athletics Hall of Fame Dinner both stood as marque events that brought the Wentworth community together for Family and Alumni Weekend October 20-22.
The festivities opened Friday with an introductory casino night offering guests a chance to catch up before a full Saturday of events. October 17 continued the tradition of alumni sporting events—including soccer and volleyball—and the annual Harvest Festival. Alumni and family also had the chance to tour campus facilities, and take part in several mixers and a veterans social.
New this year was Celebrating Wentworth: A Luncheon for Our Alumni Award Recipients, Scholarship Donors, and Friends. Watson Auditorium hosted the event, which paid tribute to those making a difference in several aspects of Wentworth.
The following alumni were honored:
- Young Alumni Award—Michael Santora, ’05
- Alumni Appreciation Award—Rose Conti, ’09, ’12
- Community Service Award—John McGrath, ’62
- Alumni Professional Leadership Award—Joe Fallon, ’77
- Philip J. Brooks Alumni Leadership Award—Sylvia Price, ’89
- Gold Leopard Award—Stephen Fusi, ’74
Watson Auditorium was also busy that evening as the Athletics Hall of Fame Dinner inducted five new members:
- Emily Cring, ’08
- Peter Oggeri, ’10
- Nicholas Raftopoulous, ’56
- Christopher Sandini, ’10
- Daniel Turcott, ’05
Elsewhere in the weekend, alumni and family were privy to a jazz breakfast, comedian KC Arora, and Duck Boat tours.
- July 2, 2020—A 15-week academic schedule is planned with classes beginning on September 8.
- June 29, 2020—University professors and staff members discuss racial inequality and how race is addressed in academia as Wentworth takes steps to reflect, educate and act.
- June 29, 2020—Part II of our discussion with Nakisa Alborz, David Simpson, Alex Cabal, Rebecca Drossman and Aaron Carpenter on the topic of race.