Construction Management Students Present Findings on City Hall, Elementary School, and Health Science Building Projects
August 12, 2019
Senior Construction Management students finished their final projects with a presentation to industry experts.
Students split their time between a multitude of real-world projects this semester. A sampling included:
- Fitchburg City Hall Renovation
- Zervas Elementary School Construction
- Worcester Health Science Building
“Those were real projects,” said Professor Ilyas Bhatti, who coordinated the presentations. To give students an unbiased evaluation, all of the judges were from the private or public industry. None were Wentworth professors.
“Sometimes judges gave different opinions, which is also very valuable,” said Bhatti. “So we get well-rounded perspectives on the projects.”
One student group—including Dan Valente, Matt Devoe, Noah Dawson and Charlie Pigott—focused on construction of the Zervas Elementary School. including the schedule, budget, quality management, risk management, and community outreach components.
“We have learned how to work as a team, manage time and put different aspects of construction management together,” said Valente.
- September 14, 2020—Mark Thompson talks about university goals, connection to the Boston community and opportunities available to students and their families.
- September 6, 2020—University named to ‘Best Colleges’ list for 14th consecutive year.
- September 1, 2020—Use #ProtectOurSpot or #MaskWITup when sharing your move-in images.