A Busy Summer on Campus for Physical Plant Staff
August 4, 2020
New furniture in the Evans Way residence hall
Since the start of the COVID-19 outbreak, Physical Plant employees at Wentworth Institute of Technology have been working hard on campus, reconfiguring spaces, establishing social distancing parameters and making upgrades to several areas.
One measure has included signage, which has been implemented around campus to spell out safety guidelines for those returning to campus for the fall semester. As part of the “Protect Our Spot” campaign, the signs note the following:
- Face covering required
- Please maintain physical distancing
- Please wash your hands regularly
- Complete Wentworth’s daily symptom tracker before entry
- Be ready to show your Wentworth ID
- Keep to the right on stairs, in hallways and at entrances
A full summary of Wentworth’s reopening plans, including frequently asked questions regarding screening and testing procedures, can be found at Wentworth’s re-entry site.
Physical Plant staff have also sanitized classrooms, labs and other spaces around campus, and reconfigured furniture to allow for proper social distancing. Additionally, staff have affixed special markers on floors near elevators, stairwells and other locations that normally gather crowds to illustrate where people should stand and how they should move about to maintain distance.
While preparing Wentworth for a fall return, the department has also been making upgrades. Residents at Tudbury and Evans Way will find new furniture when they return, and Blount Auditorium will look quite different with the implementation of new seating.
The work follows efforts the team undertook in the spring including renovating the Info Hub, the Center for Continuing Education and the Shawaf Terrace, as well as delivering essential items to residents at the Mission Main apartment complex and distributing grocery store gift cards to Mission Hill neighbors.
Find photos below and follow @WITfacilities for more Physical Plant updates.
- September 14, 2020—Mark Thompson talks about university goals, connection to the Boston community and opportunities available to students and their families.
- September 6, 2020—University named to ‘Best Colleges’ list for 14th consecutive year.
- September 1, 2020—Use #ProtectOurSpot or #MaskWITup when sharing your move-in images.