You are here
News at Wentworth
- March 21, 2019—This “exchange lab” is a 24-hour, hands-on workshop using digital tools and data collection, applying design thinking, immersion techniques and rapid prototyping.
- March 20, 2019—The morning program on March 29 will feature a discussion on leadership with a distinguished panel of current and former female presidents from institutions of higher education.
- March 20, 2019—Brenda Tanon-Jackson calculates that 90 percent of the special needs youngsters who have worked through STRIVE at Wentworth have gone on to find sustainable employment—real jobs.
- March 11, 2019—Mark A. Thompson, who will start at Wentworth on June 1, has been at Quinnipiac University for two decades, taking on ever-broader responsibilities in a series of key leadership positions. He has been executive vice president and provost at Quinnipiac since July 2013 and was instrumental in establishing new engineering and medical schools there.
- March 6, 2019—"I’ve made new friends and I’ve found new role models. I wouldn’t have met all these super empowering people if I didn’t join clubs on campus.”
- February 25, 2019—Beacon Pathways is an innovative education partnership to embed students in the college experience while they are still in high school with a goal of increasing attendance, retention, and graduation rates.
- February 15, 2019—Student Shannon Sturtz helped build the very academic center she and classmates use regularly.
- February 12, 2019—With the recent completion of the Center for Engineering, Innovation and Sciences, the university will be able to hold this graduation ceremony in the quad on campus.
- February 4, 2019—Speaking to a gathering of 1,300 people at Boston Marriott Copley Place Hotel, President Pantić accepted the award in the Achievement in Health Care, Arts & Education category. She joined Anita Hill as one of nine women in senior leadership roles who were recognized.
- January 30, 2019—Bill Cummings went from an enterprising young boy selling soda at a neighborhood construction site to a highly-successful entrepreneur and philanthropist. He recently shared his story on the Wentworth campus.
- January 23, 2019—A delegation from Southern University of Science and Technology in China visited the Wentworth Institute of Technology campus on Jan. 22 to meet with senior leadership and learn more about Wentworth’s success in the higher education sphere.
- January 15, 2019—Wentworth also ranks number one for nontraditional students interested in computer and information sciences degrees
- January 8, 2019—A group of Wentworth Institute of Technology students worked with local schoolkids and Boston Children’s Museum to bring the youngsters’ drawings of robots to life.
- January 4, 2019—How can you use storytelling and career advice as a resource for Wentworth students exploring their career paths and passions? That’s just the question three alumni are answering as they provide career-focused content for the STEAM community in Boston.
- December 20, 2018—In conjunction with the recently wrapped Fenway Frankenstein Festival, Wentworth students reimagined the classic story through various mediums.
- December 19, 2018—The opening of a new academic center, an historic season for women’s volleyball, student success on campus and beyond…it was another banner year for Wentworth. We look back at 2018 through images.