You are here
News at Wentworth
- January 10, 2018—Deanna Kondek, BSCE ’19, believes that her time at Wentworth has been greatly enhanced by the clubs and organizations she joined.
- January 3, 2018—A behind-the-scenes look at 'Wentworth Architecture review.'
- December 6, 2017—President Zorica Pantić joined a recent panel for a discussion on “Fulfilling the Promise of Title IX in STEM: Exploring the Roles University Leaders Play.”
- December 1, 2017—Four Startup Challenge teams were funded over $22,000 in November during Accelerate's PitchRound.
- November 30, 2017—Victor Naklicki’s interest in robotics began when a guest speaker showed his high school class a video of the remotely operated vehicle Jason—designed and built by Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI) on Cape Cod—collecting underwater samples.
- November 30, 2017—Despite working for one of the largest cloud-computing companies in the world—and one that Forbes recently named most innovative—Francheska Nunez, BSIS ’19, never felt like simply a co-op during her recent time with Salesforce.
- November 21, 2017—Ciro Podany (ARCH, ‘14), an alumn of the Startup Challenge, has found himself in Hawaii, taking advantage of the beautiful scenery and creating bamboo homes as part of Bamboo Living, a sustainable prefab architecture company.
- November 13, 2017—U.S. Air Force Maj. Gen. Kimberly A. Crider, speaking at a November 10 tribute to military veterans, thanked those who have dedicated themselves to the U.S. Armed Services—young and old—and praised Wentworth Institute of Technology for its history as a key training institution for soldiers during World War I and World War II.
- November 7, 2017—The work, a hybrid virtual-physical representation of the three-dimensional fractal known as Apollonian Spheres, was constructed by students and faculty from Industrial Design, Interior Design, Computer Science, and Applied Mathematics—in collaboration with an external artist.
- November 6, 2017—With its own military history and contemporary support of veterans as a backdrop, Wentworth Institute of Technology will host a special campus luncheon on November 10 to honor those who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces.
- October 31, 2017—Wentworth’s cross country team captured the Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) championship for the third consecutive year.
- October 26, 2017—Pivoting is a vital part of the entrepreneurial process. On many occasions, the Startup Challenge has seen teams enter with one idea and transition into something completely different.
- October 20, 2017—President Zorica Pantić recently joined a small cast of leading executives and students who were invited to help the City of Boston’s push to entice Amazon.com Inc. into locating its second North American headquarters in Boston.
- October 19, 2017—Bill Holmes (pictured) recently found Wentworth publications, photographs, and other 1930s-era memorabilia, which is currently featured in an exhibit in the Douglas D. Schumann Library & Learning Commons through November 3.
- October 19, 2017—President Pantić honored and inducted; CMAA cites Professor Mark Hasso; State officials talk tech on campus
- October 17, 2017—Wentworth’s 2017 Family & Alumni Weekend got off to a celebratory start on Friday, October 13, with the dedication of the Myles and Eugenia Sweeney Department of Construction Management and the unveiling of the BOND Virtual Design and Construction Lab.