Tips for Engaging Students
- Incorporate Echo360 Active Learning Platform into your teaching to increase student engagement
- Use Clickers to collect feedback in class - this will encourage participation and gauge students' comprehension of class material.
- Active learning strategies encourage student to participate (rather than just be present in class). These include (but are not limited to) in-class discussions, think-pair exercises, Q/A sessions, hands-on/experiential activities and group projects.
- Motivate students by offering opportunities to tie class material to their background, life experience or area of interest.
- Flipped content helps meet the needs of diverse learners. "Flipping" refers to providing lectures, readings, quizzes and/or exercises prior to class and using face to face time for hands-on experimentation and collaborative learning.