Adding Grade Center Columns
Tools in Blackboard such as quizzes and assignments will generate Grade Center columns tied to the assessment automatically. If you need to create a column for entering grades manually, such as for an in-class test, follow the instructions below.
- Navigate to the full grade center.
- Click the Create Column button on the Grade Center Action Bar:
- When the Create Column page opens, enter the Column Name and an optional description in the Column Information section. Avoid adding special characters such as the "#" symbol.
- Choose the Primary Display type from Score, Letter, Percentage, Text, or Complete/Incomplete. This is the grade format that will display to the students. You may also choose a Secondary Display that will only be visible to you in the Grade Center.
- Enter the points possible and add a rubric if you are using one to grade the assignment. If using a rubric, make sure the "Show to Students'" option is set as you want. The default is to not show to the students, which is not what most instructors choose.
- Enter a due date if desired in the Dates section.
- Choose your options. Select Yes or No for including the column in grade center calculations ( weighting, averages and use in calculated columns), displaying to students, and showing statistics to students (Average and Median).
- Click the Submit button when you are done.