You are here
LIT Advisory Committee
The Learning Innovation and Technology Advisory Committee provides direction on ways to leverage innovative learning strategies and academic technology tools to foster excellence in teaching and learning at Wentworth. The committee acts as a conduit for the two-way dissemination of information to enhance communications among the faculty and academic leaders and provide a bridge for effective implementation of innovations in teaching and learning. We stay abreast of technological, philosophical, and operational advances that impact learning strategies, academic technology and provide advice on how Wentworth should prepare to support current and 21st century learners. Our goal is to foster excellence in teaching and learning at Wentworth.
When We Meet
The LIT Advisory Committee meets twice each term. The month that we meet we host two face to face meetings with the same agenda to maximize the face to face dialogue.
LIT Advisory Priorities
- The goal of the LMS Task Force is to explore and document uses, needs, and requirements of Wentworth’s LMS, assess solutions to meet those needs, and decide the future LMS. The Task Force will also explore and recommend baseline use of the LMS to foster student success. Ideally, the LMS choice would be made by end of Spring 2019 term, or early Fall 2019 if additional time is needed. After the decision, implementation planning begins for migration and faculty support.
- Wentworth is committed to continuous progress towards digital accessibility. This fall begins the implementation of Ally, a tool in Bb Learn that scans content and provides feedback on how accessible the content is and how to make improvements. A pilot with test courses begins this fall, partnering with the Accessible Digital Content Committee, LIT Advisory, Facilities and Equipment, and Wentworth Student Government to pilot Ally with test courses. Rollout continues in the Spring with live courses.
Faculty Professional Development Resources and Communication
- Faculty Showcase: Teaching, Learning, Scholarship in Spring
- Professional Development Workshops and Informal Group Conversations
- Lynn Cooke - Learning Innovation and Technology
- Steve Chomyszak - Mechanical Engineering, Facilities & Equipment Senate Subcommittee (co-chair)
- John Cribbs - Construction Management (co-chair)
- Siben Dasgupta - Electrical Engineering and Technology
- Memo Ergezer - Computer Science and Computer Networking
- Ron Frattura - Learning Innovation and Technology
- Chris Gleason - Humanities and Social Sciences
- Jody Gordon - Humanities and Social Sciences
- Kimberly Hall - College of Professional and Continuing Education
- Liz Harris -- Institutional Effectiveness
- Mel Henriksen - Applied Math
- Ella Howard - Humanities and Social Sciences (co-chair)
- Kayleigh Carmichall, Alexander Cate, Chris Ligonde, Miranda Manzi - Wentworth Student Government
- Anuja Kamat - Civil Engineering and Technology
- Hadi Kazemiroodsari - Civil Engineering and Technology
- Ali Kiapour - Biomedical Engineering
- Kevin Kidd - Library
- Lora Kim - Architecture
- Mary McCormick - The Center for Academic Excellence
- Ali Moazed - Mechanical Engineering and Technology
- Kelly Parrish -- Provost Office (co-chair)
- Troy Peters - Architecture
- Ke'Anna Skipwith - College of Professional and Continuing Education (co-chair)
- Cindy Stevens - Business Management and Facilities Management
- Don Tracia - Learning Innovation and Technology
- Rick Trilling - Business Management and Facilities Management
- Julie Wong - College of Professional and Continuing Education
- Tes Zakrzewski - Learning Innovation and Technology (co-chair)
- Omair Zubairi -- Sciences
Interested in contributing to the LIT Advisory Committee? Contact your Department Chair.