International Student Services
Welcome International Students!
As a part of the Wentworth Student Service Center (SSC), International Student Services (ISS) assists over 300 non-immigrant visa students at Wentworth Institute of Technology who have joined our community from over 55 countries around the world. Programming and services offered by ISS include orientation for new students, up-to date information on and assistance with U.S. government regulations, and advising on a host of personal, employment, and immigration issues affecting international students.
All international students who are new to Wentworth should contact ISS upon arrival on campus.
The mission of International Student Services is to:
- provide services that support the successful educational experiences of Wentworth international students. This includes providing information to students regarding maintenance of legal status in the U.S., work authorizations, travel to the U.S., etc. It also includes providing programming relevant to the international student experience and acting as a resource and liaison for international students adjusting to a new culture and academic system.
- provide programs such as International Student Orientation, International Student Career Workshop and Around the World Intercultural Celebration for Wentworth international students and the WIT community and also collaborate with members of the Colleges of the Fenway consortium to provide services and programs such as an International Student Thanksgiving Dinner.
- serve as a resource for Wentworth faculty and staff seeking to establish programs for internationals in the U.S., seeking to establish exchanges with partners abroad or seeking to provide support for Wentworth international students.
ISS collaborates with the Admissions Office, Student Affairs offices, academic departments and the Colleges of the Fenway to increase awareness of the value to our student population and the entire Wentworth community of international education on our campus.
Jeanmarie Ambrose, Director of International Student Services
Dena Reuben, Assistant Director of International Student Services
International Student Advising Walk-In Hours:
- Monday 2:00pm to 3:00pm
- Wednesday 1:30pm to 3:00pm
- Friday 10:30am - 12 pm
Traveling During the School Break?
If you are an F-1 international student traveling outside of the U.S. during the school vacation, be sure to carry the following documents when returning to the U.S.:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months
- Valid F-1 visa
- Wentworth Form I-20 signed within 6 months/one semester
- Financial documentation
If you need a new travel signature on your I-20, please submit to the Student Service Center:
- I-20 travel signature request form completed in full
- The original of your most recent I-20 for
- Copy of your most recent I-94 record
- Copy of your valid passport
- Copy of your F-1 Visa
If registration for the next semester has begun you must be registered. Please allow 2 business days for our office to process your travel signature request. If you have any questions or will be traveling in less than two days, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.