You are here
Institutional Review Board Membership
Members of the IRB will be selected to comply with federal requirements, but generally shall consist of:
- a) A member of the Faculty of a science discipline
- b) A member of the Faculty of a non-science discipline
- c) A member of the higher education community with disciplinary expertise in vulnerable populations
- d) A non-faculty member appointed by the Provost
- e) An individual with relevant expertise or experience who is not an employee of Wentworth Institute of Technology and any additional personnel needed to comply with protection of vulnerable groups.
The Provost shall serve as chair or appoint a designee to serve as chair. The initial term of appointment for members of the IRB shall be one, two and three years. Appointments are renewable. The term after initial appointment shall be for three years. For full IRB review all members will be present and vote on a proposal. For “Expedited Review” applications, the Chair shall determine whether or not the proposal meets the criteria and then two members of the IRB (other than the Chair) will meet to review and vote on the proposal. In the case of a tie, the Chair would cast the deciding vote.
Institutional Review Board Membership 2017-2018
- Amanda Hattaway (Chair): Department Chair, Applied Mathematics
- Sara Alibeik: Assistant Professor, Sciences
- Phil Bernard: Director of Housing and Residential Life
- Brian Burns: Director of Compliance and Risk Management
- Ray Fahrner: Director, Office of Performing Arts, Colleges of the Fenway
- Paul Firenze, Assistant Professor, Humanities and Social Sciences