Frequently Asked Questions

Can I take an elective off campus?

Permission should be received prior to taking an elective at another institution.  Before you begin, please be aware that you may only petition to take a first or second year course at another institution if you have not failed the course at Wentworth. 

Step 1: Find an Equivalent Course
First, find a course at another institute that matches the description of the Wentworth course you wish to take elsewhere. The course description must come from a current catalog from the accredited institution where the course is to be taken and should include the number of credits. 

Step 2: Submit Paperwork
Next, fill out a Petition for Course Substitution Form.  Submit the complete form along with the course description to The Department of Humanities and Social Sciences for review.  The department chair determines if the course content and credit hours are equivalent and then approves or denies the petition.  Forms and descriptions can be submitted electronically to Prof. Ronald Bernier or dropped off in Beatty 404.  You do not need an appointment to deliver your forms.  Students are notified of the status of their forms by email within a week from the day the completed paperwork was submitted for review.

Step 3: Follow Up
After you complete the course, you must arrange for an official transcript to be sent to the Registrar's Office.  In order for the credit to transfer, you must receive a final grade of a "C" or better.

How do I know I've completed my HSS requirements?

For a list of general requirements, including English, Humanities and Social Sciences, please visit the academic catalog.

If you have specific questions regarding your requirement, please refer to your degree audit before contacting the department.

Your degree audit lists all of your graduation requirements, including your humanities and social sciences requirements.  Upon registration, the course will be tagged alongside the requirement.  If the course does not fulfill a requirement, the course will be listed at the bottom of your audit.

To view your degree audit:

  • Log onto LConnect and click Leopardweb
  • Click "Student Records" under the Student tab
  • Click “Degree Audit”
  • Click “Generate New Evaluation” (located at the center and bottom of page)
  • Select your program and hit “Generate Request”
  • Select “Detail Requirements” and hit “Submit”

A course highlighted in red indicates that it has not yet been met.