Fopefoluwa Bademosi completed her undergraduate education at Covenant University, Nigeria, and graduated with a First-Class Honors degree in Building Technology. She worked briefly as an Assistant Project Manager before proceeding to the University of Florida for graduate school and graduated with an M.Sc. in Construction Management from the M.E. Rinker, Sr. School of Construction Management. She then advanced in her education career and received her Ph.D. in Design, Construction, and Planning, with a Construction Management concentration, from the University of Florida. Fopefoluwa was a graduate research and teaching assistant at the Center for Advanced Construction Information Modeling (CACIM).
During her doctoral journey, she worked with companies like Autodesk and Whiting-Turner. Fopefoluwa advocates for technology integration in the architecture, engineering, construction, operations (AECO) industry, and broad construction education. She is a techno-optimist who believes the solutions to many problems facing the construction industry lie in technological innovation. She is an educator and has taught both undergraduate and graduate-level courses in BIM and other construction management topics at the University of Florida and the University of Johannesburg. She has also led industry workshops and to help professionals learn how to digitize their construction workflows.
Fopefoluwa joined the Wentworth Institute of Technology in January 2020 as an Assistant Professor of Construction Management. Her research and teaching areas include building information modeling (BIM), virtual design and construction (VDC), virtual reality, augmented reality, industrialized construction, construction information technology, construction cost estimating, and sustainable construction. Fopefoluwa has authored several journal articles, book chapters, and conference proceedings in these research domains. She has presented at both national and international conferences discussing topics related to advanced construction technologies and pedagogical approaches.
Preconstruction and Construction with BIM 360 – Lesson Plans for Instructors
Funding Organization: Autodesk, Inc.
Bademosi, F. and Issa, R.R. Factors influencing adoption and integration of construction robotics and automation technology in the US. In Journal of Construction Engineering and Management. (2021).
Bademosi, F., Blinn, N., and Issa, R. R. Use of augmented reality technology to enhance comprehension of construction assemblies. Journal of Information Technology in Construction (ITcon). (2019).
Assistant Professor, School of Management, Wentworth Institute of Technology (January 2020 – Present)
• Key responsibilities include teaching undergraduate and graduate courses, contributing to curriculum and laboratory development, supporting new curricular initiatives, developing interdisciplinary, project-based courses, conducting research, participating in scholarly activities, service, student recruitment, and establishing strong relationships with the construction industry.
• Course instructor for Construction Graphics, Estimating, Heavy Construction Equipment, Construction Senior Project, Graduate Capstone Research in Construction Management, and Contemporary Issues Managing Technology.
Visiting Lecturer, Department of Construction Management and Quantity Surveying, University of Johannesburg (August 2019 – October 2019)
• Participated in lecturing in an international classroom setting as a recipient of the Advancement Project towards Transformation (ADAPTT) Program Scholarship and in developing collaborative opportunities for international research with the Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment.
• Collaborated with peers in the field of Building Construction at the University of Johannesburg to share best practices for syllabus design and classroom instruction, developed strategies for cross-cultural teaching at international research universities, and learned about an international system of higher education.
Instructor, M.E. Rinker, Sr. School of Construction Management, University of Florida (August 2016 – May 2019)
• Implemented a complete curriculum by employing a variety of current and innovative teaching strategies to motivate, inspire, and encourage student-centered learning.
• Coached the UF VDC Competition Team for the 30th, 31st, and 32nd annual Associated Schools of Construction (ASC) Regions 6 & 7 Student Competition, where they were tasked with solving estimating, scheduling, site logistics, and coordination problems and placed 1st, 4th, and 2nd respectively.
• Course instructor for Graphic Communication in Construction, Advanced Construction Information Systems, Construction Information Systems, and Construction Estimating.
• The Associated General Contractors of America (AGC)
• Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
• National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
• American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
• National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC)
Revit® Architecture Certified Professional
Part 107 Remote Pilot Certified