ELEC3150 - Object-Oriented Programming
This course introduces students to a set of tools and methods that enables engineers to build reliable, user-friendly, maintainable, well documented, reusable software systems. This course teaches these fundamental ideas through the object-oriented approach to programming using C++ and Java. Prerequisite: ENGR 1800, Programming with MATLAB.
The objective of this course is to:
- Apply the principles of object-oriented programming, including abstraction, encapsulation, inheritance, and polymorphism.
- Demonstrate the ability to architect, design, implement, and test a collaborating set of objects that provide a solution to a specified problem.
- Demonstrate basic ability to model the structure and behavior of an Object-Oriented program.
- Ability to test, debug and troubleshoot algorithms and object-oriented code. Updated Fall 2017
(7) An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.