Tips for Working & Collaborating Remotely
Employees across Wentworth are being asked to work in an unprecedented remote manner. The resources in this message will help get and keep your teams connected and productive even if they are not physically together.
Join a virtual workshop to gain interactive experience with these platforms and learn tips and tricks to staying informed and productive remotely.
Managing Phone Calls
Our campus unified communication system allows you to make and receive calls on your office line from any Internet connection.
- If you have a USB Phone or Headset, take it home with you. Contact the Tech Spot for options if you need one.
- Continue to leverage your business line for both the convenience of your customers and the privacy of your personal telephone numbers.
- Consider installing the Skype for Business mobile app on your smartphone and using WiFi calling.
Borrowing a Laptop
If you don't already have a Wentworth-issued laptop, please contact the Tech Spot to arrange for a loaner laptop.
We recommend you pickup a laptop today as changing restrictions may complicate future pickups.
Password Expiration and Duo Two-Factor
We are pausing the current password change policy to ensure you are not disrupted while working remotely. If your password would have expired in the coming weeks, the date will be extended 6 months. Please continue to safeguard your password by not sharing it with others or writing it down.
We strongly encourage using the Duo mobile app to receive push notifications. Please contact the Tech Spot for assistance if your office phone was the only device setup on your Duo Two-Factor account. You may be prompted more frequently than normal as you connect from new locations and devices.
Remote Access to Business Apps
There are a few Wentworth business applications that require you be on the campus network to access them. Virtual Private Networking (VPN) allows you to do this remotely.
- Banner & Argos Reporting
- I Drive
Digital Forms & Workflow
Enabling your customers to interact with you remotely and keeping track of workflows that require multiple people or authorizations can be challenging.
We have options ready to discuss from simple tips to complete tools.
Automatic Replies & Voicemail
You may find it useful to denote your schedule or expectations for customers how quickly you can respond to messages via email or phone.
- Setup a new Voicemail Greeting
- Setup an Automatic Reply for your email
Information Security Practices Reminder
With the shift in your workplace, it's a good time to refresh your good information security habits.
- Use OneDrive & SharePoint to protect and share documents internally and externally
- Avoid Phishing scams - particularly those targeting coronavirus and remote workers
- Accept Duo Two-Factor requests only when you are actively logging in
- Contact the Tech Spot when you are unsure if a request is legitimate
We're here to help
To ensure our team remains available we are making some adjustments to the Tech Spot hours which will be communicated shortly. At this time in-person support and laptop repair remains available but may experience slower than normal turnaround. We are working with vendors to confirm availability of mail-in repair options.