Resources for Co-ops
Let’s Get to Work
Whether you are preparing for a co-op search or a job search, the Center for Cooperative Education and Career Development has the resources you need to be successful. If you haven’t met with a Co-op + Career Advisor yet, give us a call at 617-989-4101 to schedule an appointment and we’ll get you started on the right track.
Here are a number of resources that can help you throughout your search process.
Résumé and cover letter writing. It's important to make your résuméclean and easily readable, and include results and impact wherever possible. Don’t be afraid to list course projects, volunteer work, and campus or community involvement. Your examples should include action verbs and focus on the skills you have gained, not just what you have done. Give the reader results! For the cover letter, always tailor what you write to the position offered, and keep it relevant to the skills required in the description.
Interviewing and networking skills. Relevant experience is important, but a strong interview can make all the difference in landing a job. You must come across as credible and confident; at the same time, you are looking for a good match for yourself so you need to ask insightful questions and consider the role and responsibilities of the position.
- Informational Interviews
- Technical Interviews
- Letter of Recommendation
- Career Fair Prep
- LinkedIn Guide
- Application Follow Up Sample
- Follow-Up Thank You Note Guide
- Occupational Outlook Handbook — Provided by the U.S. Department of Labor, the Occupational Outlook Handbook can help you find career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for hundreds of occupations.
- O*NET Interest Profiler — This self-assessment career exploration tool offered by the U.S. Department of Labor can help you discover the type of work activities and jobs that interest you most.
- My Next Move - Has 974 careers for you to choose from. Click any title to see more information. You can also see just the Bright Outlook careers, Green careers, or careers with Registered Apprenticeships.
- Resume Writing — This handy resource is offered by Purdue’s Online Writing Lab.