Benefits of Online Learning
There are numerous benefits to learning in an online environment.
- Convenient alternative to individuals who do not have the ability to regularly attend courses on campus; there are no time or geographical restrictions.
- Course content is available 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
- Allows everyone to participate in classroom discussions. Students who may be shy in a face-to-face classroom are much more likely to participate in an online course environment. This produces a greater diversity of opinion because everyone has a say; not just the most talkative.
- Students are able to reflect and put their ideas into writing, which leads to well-articulated course discussions.
- Participating in online courses can be much less intimidating for some students than in a face-to-face environment.
- It is easier for some students to approach their instructors online. Students are able to easily access their instructors through online discussions and email.