You are here
Wentworth’s academic advisors are here to assist our adult students in reaching their educational goals. Once accepted into the College of Professional and Continuing Education, you will be assigned an academic advisor.
Academic Advisors can assist with:
- Selecting and registering for Wentworth courses to meet program requirements
- Resolving scheduling conflicts
- Transferring credits (up to 80 may transfer!)
- Tracking your progress as you move through your training, certificate, or degree program
- Moving from one program into another after completion (i.e. moving on from a certificate program into a degree program)
- Answering any questions you have about the academic process here at Wentworth
- Identifying other resources at Wentworth
Although the academic advisor plays a pivotal role in the advising program, it is ultimately the student's responsibility to be pro-active in their educational and career decisions.
As a student you should know:
- Your student ID number, major and curriculum (Welcome email)
- Your academic advisor
- Your LConnect, Wentworth email and Blackboard log-in (Welcome email; same user name and password for all three)
- Your instructors and their contact information (see Student Schedule in Leopardweb)
- Registration and payment deadlines (see Academic Calendar)
- Location of the CPCE office and Student Service Center (Campus Map)
- Each semester a student is active they must complete these steps.
In addition to these basic functions, The Advising Team collaborates with other offices to create helpful programming. Please visit the playlist of our latest seminars.