You are here
Certificate in Managing Construction Projects
College of Professional & Continuing Education
Part-Time Degree & Certificate Programs
Wentworth’s Managing Construction Projects Certificate provides individuals who are interested in transitioning into a management position in the construction industry with career-enhancing management skills.
Each of the five courses in this program takes only seven weeks to complete with course offerings in the evening and is worth 2.8 CEUs.
Earning a certificate in construction management from Wentworth enables you to:
- Build core competencies in management theory, estimating, scheduling, control, contracts and codes.
- Gain valuable leadership skills to advance your construction career.
- Prepare for project management and related positions in the private, non-profit and government sectors.
- Become eligible for eight credits towards general electives in our bachelor's degree programs.
Admissions Requirements & Tuition
Applicants to the construction management certificate must have a full understanding of plan reading, a minimum of three years’ work experience and submit the following:
- Spring 2018
- Summer 2018
- Fall 2018
- Construction Management Theory: Construction project management from conception to completion is covered.
- Construction Estimating: Fundamentals of construction estimating, including quantity surveys, pricing of labor and materials, and preparation of standard estimator’s forms.
- Construction Project Scheduling: Topics include project network planning, scheduling and cost-control models. Prerequisite: Construction Estimating
- Construction Project Control: The gathering of job information and the process of measuring, evaluating, calculating and reporting job performance.
- Contracts and Codes: A comprehensive study of construction contracts, including conditions of agreement and modifications, as well as analysis of the Massachusetts State Building Code.
- Elective: OSHA-30 Training: OSHA 30-hour construction courses are designed for any personnel responsible for workplace safety.