Certificate in Building Information Modeling
College of Professional & Continuing Education
Part-Time Degree & Certificate Programs
Wentworth's Building Information Modeling (BIM) Certificate program provides a thorough overview of the use of digital models to represent the physical and functional characteristics of a facility.
Learn more about the College of Professional & Continuing Education.
Earning a certificate in building information modeling from Wentworth enables you to:
- Build competencies in Revit, the premier software application for BIM
- Master the principles of parametric modeling, flexing parameters, design visualization and other topics
- Become eligible for four (4) credits towards general electives in our bachelor's degree programs
Admissions Requirements & Tuition
Applicants to the BIM Certificate should have a minimum of 3 years of work experience, a full understanding of AutoCAD and must also submit the following:
- Fundamentals Building Information Modeling: Students are introduced to the basic principles of BIM and parametric modeling using Revit Architecture. Fundamental concepts to be presented include: user interface, parameters, families, massing, rendering, and printing. Prerequisite: Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Beyond the Basics of Building Information Modeling: This intermediate course provides a deeper look at the tools of Revit Architecture and paramedic modeling. Concepts to be covered include: user generated custom families, flexing parameters, rendering with custom materials, work sharing, detailing and documentation. Prerequisite: TCAD0210
- Revit MEP & Structure: Learn to use the MEP and Structural sides of Revit Architecture to create and analyze 3D models. Students will have the option at the beginning of the term to either follow the MEP or Structures curriculum. Prerequisites: TCAD0210 & TCAD0220