Associate Degree in Building Construction Management
Professional & Continuing Education
Part-Time Degree & Certificate Programs
The Associate degree in Building Construction Management (ABCM) provides instruction in the core principles of construction management, including scheduling, surveying, CAD, estimating, codes and contracts. Courses are taught by instructors with first-hand experience in the construction industry.
The program offers a number of important benefits, including:
Evening courses that allow you to pursue your degree while still being able to work full time and meet your personal obligations.
The ability to transfer up to 32 credits into the program from prior educational and professional experiences. Depending on the number of credits transferred, you can complete the degree in as little as three years on a part-time basis.
Access to all of Wentworth’s resources and support services, including the library, academic advising, career counseling and technical support.
Learn more about the College of Professional and Continuing Education.
By completing the Associate Degree in Building Construction Management at Wentworth, you will:
- Be prepared for immediate employment or for Wentworth’s bachelor’s programs in building construction management and project management.
- Graduate with a foothold in the construction industry and ready to design, build and prepare basic building and contract services.
- Be equipped to work on large commercial projects as well as residential construction. Representative job opportunities include job supervisors, inspectors, estimators, office managers and field superintendents.
- Boost your earning potential. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual salary in Massachusetts for estimators was close to $70,000 in 2010, with projected job growth of 36% nationally through 2020. Inspectors’ median annual salary in Massachusetts was close to $54,000 in 2010, with 18% projected national job growth.
Admissions Requirements & Tuition
Applying to the ABCM is easy. See below for a list of documents you will need to complete your application. Not sure what a document is? Contact an Admissions Counselor and they will help you complete the application.
- Online application
- Current resume
- Official high school or GED transcript
- Official previous college transcripts
- Online math placement exam (if necessary)
- Spring 2020
- Summer 2020
- Fall 2020
This 64-credit program encompasses the following required courses and electives.
- Construction Methods
- Contracts & Codes
- Construction Graphics
- Basic Building Services
- Construction Estimating
- Construction Project Scheduling
- Construction Safety & Risk Management
- Structural Design
- Construction Surveying
Students who have earned a Massachusetts State Supervisor License are eligible to receive four (4) credits of advanced standing towards the associate degree in Building Construction for BLDG150 Contracts and Codes.
Students who complete Wentworth’s non-credit Construction Certificate are eligible to receive eight (8) credits of advanced standing towards the associate degree in Building Construction for BLDG155 Construction Methods and BLDG200 Construction Estimating.
- BLDG1100: Construction Methods (4)
- MATH1005: College Math A (3)
- BLDG1050: Contracts & Codes (4)
- MATH1035: College Math B (3)
- BLDG1015: Construction Graphics (4)
- MATH1065: College Math C (3)
- BLDG1900: Basic Building Services (4)
- ENGL1050: English Composition (3)
- BLDG1500: Construction Estimating (4)
- PHYS1005: Physics A (3)
- BLDG3200: Construction Project Scheduling (4)
- BLDG3700: Construction Safety & Risk Management (3)
- MGMT418: Management Law (4)
- BLDG2000: Structural Design (4)
- SURV1000: Construction Surveying (4)
- ENGL2050: Literature and Composition (3)
- MGMT3050: Leadership & Management (4)
- ELECTIVE: Humanities/Social Science (lower level) (3)