You are here
Commuter Assistants are knowledgeable, experienced commuters who are hired to serve Wentworth's commuter population. They have experience balancing classes, homework, projects, off-campus jobs, and responsibilities at home. They understand commuter challenges like how to manage your time, get involved, and how to make the effort to meet other students.
Here are a few things that Commuter Assistants do:
- Plan, run and attend social and educational programs for commuters.
- Advocate for commuters at Wentworth Student Government meetings and within the Wentworth community.
- Get to know commuter students and work to create a commuter community on campus.
- Collaborate with campus services and student organizations on campus to encourage commuter involvement.
- Act as liaisons for commuters by meeting regularly with the Coordinator of Student Engagement
Meet our Commuter Assistants
Major: Mechanical Engineering
I am originally from Bernville, PA, but live in Norwood, MA currently. I commuted to and from Wentworth on the Orange line and on busses all of my freshman year. I know it can seem daunting having to commute and manage your time wisely but it is completely possible! Getting involved is a great way to get to know others. There are plenty of clubs and activities on campus that can engage you both socially and mentally. My main piece of advice is: "Always ask!" If you don’t ask questions, how will you ever get the answers?
Where I spend time on campus:
The Pool Room
Favorite off-campus location:
Involvement on campus:
- Wentworth Leadership Institute, Phase 1&2
- Student Leader for NSO and WOW
- Billiards Society
- Phi Sigma Pi
Major: Biomedical Engineering
I am from Venezuela, I moved to the US a few years ago. I currently commute from Milton, MA and my time at Wentworth has been great and full of valuable experiences. When I first came to Wentworth, one of my biggest worries was how I would fit in being a commuter. The many events the Commuter Assistants set up at the time, really helped me to get to meet people and become more involved though. That’s the reason I decided to become a Commuter Assistant myself, because I get to help others fit in now. Feel free to approach me whenever you have a question or comment, I will help you out!
Where I spend my time on campus:
Pool Room and Ira Allen
Favorite off campus-location:
Involvement on campus:
- Vice-President of the Pool Club
- Research for the Science Department