Commuter Assistants are knowledgeable, experienced commuters who are hired to serve Wentworth's commuter population. They have experience balancing classes, homework, projects, off-campus jobs, and responsibilities at home. They understand commuter challenges like how to manage your time, get involved, and how to make the effort to meet other students.
Here are a few things that Commuter Assistants do:
- Plan, run and attend social and educational programs for commuters.
- Advocate for commuters at Wentworth Student Government meetings and within the Wentworth community.
- Get to know commuter students and work to create a commuter community on campus.
- Collaborate with campus services and student organizations on campus to encourage commuter involvement.
- Act as liaisons for commuters by meeting regularly with the Coordinator of Student Engagement