April Commencement Postponed
until Saturday, August 15th, 10AM on the quad
More details coming soon - thank you for understanding
Date of next ceremony
Saturday, August 15th, 2020 | 10:00 AM
Wentworth Institute of Technology
550 Huntington Avenue, Boston
Number of Tickets
Graduates can request up to 5 (five) tickets
Check your eligibility on the Registrar's Website
Student Commencement Ceremony Information Guide
Please refer to the information guide to help prepare you for the day of the event. Following these instructions carefully will ensure that everyone has a memorable and enjoyable commencement experience.
What to Expect
- March 16, 2020: Ensure you’re eligible and apply
- April 7th, 2020: Pick up your cap and gown, your tickets, talk to your guests, confirm your information
- 8:00 AM: Arrive and check in at Watson Auditorium
- 9:45 AM: Procession begins
- 10:00 AM: Commencement ceremony
- This is a formal academic ceremony that is designed to honor your hard work. Please respect your accomplishments – and the accomplishments of the other graduates – through the duration of the event.
- After the Ceremony: Take photos and celebrate with family and friends!
Participation & Eligibility in Commencement
Undergraduate Degree – GPA requirement
Students who believe they are ready to receive their undergraduate degree from Wentworth and have a grade point average of 2.0 or higher are required to complete a formal graduation application. Students with a cumulative GPA of less than 2.0 will not be permitted to apply to graduate until the minimum 2.0 GPA has been met. Graduation applications are submitted via LeopardWeb and are required to ensure the Registrar has received all student credentials.
Graduate Degree – GPA requirement
Students who believe they are ready to receive a graduate degree from Wentworth and have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher are required to complete a formal graduation application. Students with a cumulative GPA of less than 3.0 will not be permitted to apply to graduate until the minimum 3.0 GPA has been met. Graduation applications are submitted via LeopardWeb and are required to ensure the Registrar has received all student credentials.
Degrees conferred will reflect the graduation date that follows the student’s successful completion of all degree requirements. Degrees are conferred in April, August, and December, with campus-wide Commencement celebrations in April and August.
Why Must a Student Apply to Graduate?
The graduation application notifies the Registrar that a student is preparing for graduation.
Submit graduation application via LeopardWeb for an undergraduate or graduate degree. Refer to Dates and Deadlines above for specific dates.
Please select commencement attendance preference.
Transfer Credit Guidelines
To transfer credit, you must:
- Notify the Graduation Coordinator if completing the final degree requirement/s at another institution. Refer to deadlines and dates above.
- Arrange to have an official transcript sent directly to the WIT Registrar's Office, showing the final grade.
- Transcripts that arrive after the assigned deadlines will delay degree conferral until the next official graduation date.
- For questions related to graduation, please contact the Registrar Office
All December graduates' names will be included in the April 2020 Commencement Program.
Students who are cleared after the Commencement Program deadline will be included in the Commencement Program for the next scheduled Commencement Ceremony.
Clear Degree Holds
All financial obligations must be satisfied before the release of the diploma and final transcript for undergraduate and graduate students, and there are no pending disciplinary actions with the Dean of Students.
Contact your Student Financial Services counselor in the Student Service Center with any questions at 617-989-4020, email@example.com, or come to the Student Service Center and meet in person. If payment is required, Wentworth Institute of Technology will not accept personal or ACH (Web) checks. Payments must be made by credit card, money order or certified bank checks only.
If your degree was held previously because of outstanding financial obligations or pending disciplinary actions and have been clear, you must email the Registrar Office to receive your diploma.
Complete an Exit Interview
All graduating students who received loans from the Perkins, WIT loan, or Stafford (Subsidized and Unsubsidized) loan programs are required to complete an online exit interview at the Student Loans website. The Perkins and WIT Loans have different requirements from the Stafford loans. More information on Perkins can be found on the Wentworth website.
The Registrar's Office staff require 6-8 weeks from the official graduation date to verify all degree requirements have been met. Students can expect to receive their diploma within the following timeframes:
If your graduation date is:
- April, your diploma will be mailed no later than June.
- August, your diploma will be mailed no later than October.
- December, your diploma will be mailed no later than February.
- Mailing Address for Diploma
- Diplomas are mailed to the address on your graduation application.
Students who wish to pick up their diploma at the Student Service Center must notify the Graduation Coordinator.
Class Tee Shirts
- Class Tee Shirts Class t-shirts can be pre-ordered for the ceremony through the Commencement Group