April Commencement Postponed
until Saturday, August 15th, 10AM on the quad
More details coming soon - thank you for understanding
Date of next ceremony
Saturday, August 15th, 2020 | 10:00 AM
Wentworth Institute of Technology
550 Huntington Avenue, Boston
Number of Tickets
Graduates can request up to 5 (five) tickets
Check your eligibility on the Registrar's Website
- To check whether you are on the degree list and registered to participate at Commencement, please contact the Registrar’s Office.
- Report by 8:00 am.
- Graduates will report to Tansey Gymnasium. Family and friends will proceed to the tent on the Quad, where you will meet your graduate for celebrations and photos after the ceremony.
- There will be a security check point with bag check at all entry points. See prohibited item list.
Am I registered to graduate and attend Commencement?
Arriving for Commencement
What time do I need to report on the morning of Commencement?
What do I need to know about security?
Tickets and Seating
- Each graduate will receive five (5) complimentary tickets.
- There will be a wait list option to request one (1) additional ticket. The waitlist pool comes from tickets donated back by students who will not use their full allotment.
The waitlist request is not a guarantee and may not be fulfilled. A lottery will take place and waitlist tickets will be awarded based on the number available. For those unable to attend, The Ceremony can be viewed via livestream. Tickets may not be sold, per Mass general law.
- General seating means seats are on a first come, first served basis.
- A ticket is required for all those ages five (5) and older. Babies and children under five years old do not need tickets.
How many tickets will I receive?
How can I get more than five Commencement tickets?
Tickets are “General Seating”
Do small children need a ticket to attend Commencement?
- Caps and gowns are free, and will be available at cap and gown pickup on Tuesday, April 7th from 3:30-7:00 PM in Multipurpose Room, Beatty Hall.
- If you cannot attend, the registrar's office will contact you to make arrangements.
- For online and distance students, your cap and gown will be sent to you at no charge.
When and where do I receive my cap and gown? Are they free?
- The Registrar's Office staff require 6-8 weeks from the official graduation date to clear all students for graduation. After this time diplomas, will begin to be mailed. A general guideline for this mailing is below:
- April, your diploma will be mailed no later than June.
- August, your diploma will be mailed no later than October.
- December, your diploma will be mailed no later than February.
If your graduation date is:
Name on Diploma
- Diplomas are printed using the diploma name listed on the graduation application. You can view and update your diploma name at the Student Service Center. Please submit all changes no later than April 16, 2020.
- Diplomas are mailed to the address on your graduation application.
When should I expect my diploma?
Mailing Address for Diploma
Accessibility and Mobility Needs
- For any guest requiring an assistive listening device, wheelchair escort or in need of sign language interpretation, we ask you to complete this form to help us make arrangements for your visit to campus. Thank you.
- Yes. EMT's will be on-site.
I have guests with accessibility needs, what arrangements are available?
Is there first aid support?
August 2020 Commencement
The Inn at Longwood Medical (342 Longwood Avenue, Boston - 1 mi from WIT)
Reservations will be made by individual attendees directly with Hotel’s reservations at 1 (800) 468-2378 or (617) 731-4700 and by using the booking code WITA0820 or visiting the website's booking page.
The Midtown Hotel (220 Huntington Avenue, Boston - 0.8 mi from WIT)
Guests can call the hotel directly at 617-262-1000 or 800-343-1177 to reserve into the block name WIT COMMENCEMENT TWO, or they can visit Midtown's website and enter the group code WITCOMTWO when booking.
Sheraton Boston Hotel (39 Dalton Street, Boston – 1.1 mi from WIT)
Guests may contact the Reservations Center at 1.888.627.7054 and mention Wentworth (or group code TEC) along with the hotel name (Sheraton Boston Hotel) or book through the website.
The Colonnade Hotel (120 Huntington Avenue, Boston - 1 mi from WIT)
To reserve call 1-800-962-3030 and refer to group code WEN13A. You can also book a room on the hotel's website.
- Everybody may take photos from their seats. Guests are not permitted to stand in chairs or in the aisles at any time, both for reasons of safety and because to do so would block the views of others. We strongly recommend the professional photographs from Commencement Photos Inc (CPI).
How can my family take a photograph as I receive my diploma?
Alumni Status & Benefits
What University Services are available to me as an alumnus/a?
Any graduate, from any class year, background, or program is automatically a member of the Wentworth Alumni Association. If you want to remain involved and volunteer your time and talent to furthering the University’s mission, we invite you to become a member of the Wentworth Alumni Association Board of Directors.
Other volunteer opportunities include Alumni Admissions Ambassador, Leopard Ambassador, Class Correspondent, and more! Check out the full list of positions available.
Alumni can utilize WITworks via Career Services to search for jobs, or to advertise jobs to current students.
Alumni have full access to use resources at the Douglas D. Schumann Library. Please stop by the Alumni Relations office (Wentworth Hall, 2019) to get your individual Alumni ID Card to use library services.
Alumni will have access to their @wit.edu email account and their Microsoft Office 365 tools (Word, Excel, OneDrive, Sharepoint, etc.) for one (1) year after your date of graduation. Prior the end of the year deadline, alumni will be reminded to save and transfer all documents from the Microsoft Office 365 tools before their access expires. However, alumni will be able to utilize their @wit.edu account as an email forwarding service by filling out a form (to be communicated at a later date). Accounts for those who do not opt in will be deactivated after the one (1) year period.
As alumni, you will be informed of University News, Alumni and Career Networking opportunities, and Social Event invitations through various news and publication channels. Please make sure your email, phone, and mailing address information is up to date so you can stay informed and engaged with the University and the Alumni communities.
From time to time, you may need to access your academic records for employment opportunities. To request your official transcripts, please visit the Registrar Office’s online transcript request platform.
What external services and resources are available to me as an alumnus/a?
We have several partnerships and discount programs available to alumni through 3rd party organizations, see a full list here. Included in this list is a discount partnership with Liberty Mutual Insurance policies.
Where can I find a list of upcoming alumni events?
Our website is always up-to-date with upcoming alumni events happening on-campus, in Boston, across the country, and around the globe. Check out our alumni events website to see a full calendar of events!
- Yes, please advise your family that there are multiple restrooms available.
- A ticket is required for children ages five (5) and older. Infants and children under five years old do not need tickets.
Is there accommodation to feed and change a baby?
Do small children need a ticket to attend Commencement?
- We expect the ceremony to last approximately 1.5 hours.
How long is the ceremony?
- Commencement is indoors and will be held rain or shine.
What if it rains?
For Faculty and Staff
- If you are a staff member interested in volunteering for the event, please complete the Staff Participation Form by March 1st, 2020..
- Please complete the Faculty Participation Form no later than March 1st, 2020.
- Faculty robing begins at 8:00 AM in the Dr. Zorica Pantic Commons, Center for Engineering, Innovation, and Sciences.
- Please contact Linda Werman
- Absolutely! Whether this is your first Commencement or your twentieth, we welcome faculty members at all levels of appointment.
- Please complete the Faculty Participation form no later than March 1st, 2020.
I'm a faculty or staff member at Wentworth. How can I participate?
How do I register to participate in Commencement at Wentworth?
Where and when does faculty robing take place?
Is there someone with whom I can talk about participation and my role that day? I’d like to learn more and/or have specific questions.
I’m new to all of this and have never participated before. Is it appropriate for me to sign up?
What if I need regalia?
Do I (a faculty member) need a ticket to participate in Commencement?
Where do I park?
Faculty will be directed to the parking lot on Ward Street near the Mass College of Art.
Do you have a question that has not been answered here?
For questions regarding the commencement ceremony, please contact Linda Werman, Director of University Events, at 617-989-4378, or by email.
- Wentworth events are smoke-free, drug-free and alcohol-free.
- Security has the right to inspect any item at any time for the purpose of safety.
- Prohibited items must be returned to cars or disposed of before entering the venue and will not be accepted by employees. There will be no place offered to store any of these items.
- Animals (Service animals are permitted)
- Artificial noisemakers (including air horns, whistles, etc.)
- Latex Balloons - Mylar only
- Cigarettes, cigars, pipes, vapes, marijuana, all forms of smokeless tobacco, clove cigarettes and any other smoking devices that use tobacco such as hookahs or simulate the use of tobacco such as electronic cigarettes
- Fireworks of any kind (including smoke bombs and flares)
- Flags on poles
- Open flames
- Glitter or confetti
- Illegal drugs or chemicals
- Laser pointers
- Signs on sticks
- Signs that block the view of others
- Skateboards, roller blades, roller skates, roller shoes, etc.
- Unapproved pamphlets, handouts, advertisements, etc.
- Weapons of any kind (i.e. Knives, stun-guns, slingshots, concealed weapons including those carried with a permit, firearms, etc.)
- Other items as may be determined by the event security, staff or management