You are here
2017-2018 Academic Catalog: Student Affairs
The Office of Student Affairs acts as a resource, referral agent, and advocate for students. Staffed by the vice president of student affairs/dean of students, associate vice president for student affairs, assistant dean of students, coordinator of community standards, and assistant to the deans, the Office of Student Affairs provides information and support for students regarding non-academic and, in some instances, academic matters.
Student Affairs oversees the following departments: Athletics, Center for Cooperative Education + Career Development, Center for Diversity & Social Justice Programs, Center for Student Engagement, Center for Wellness & Disability Services, Fitness and Recreation, and Housing and Residential Life. The Office of Student Affairs also oversees student compliance with the Student Code of Conduct and the processes used to administer the code and student conduct.
Through the Office of Student Affairs, students can:
- Receive support for personal, financial, or academic matters
- Bring forward a Title IX complaint
- Seek assistance with Student Code of Conduct violations
- File an official grievance at the Institute
- Receive information about the Student Emergency Fund
- Seek assistance with a Leave of Absence from the institute
- Receive information about fulfilling jury duty service as a student
- Receive assistance in long term absences from the Institute (including hospitalization, bereavement, religious observance etc.)
- Inquire about services, resources, and opportunities available on campus
- Receive information regarding Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Receive a Wentworth Student Handbook