You are here
2017-2018 Academic Catalog: Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees
The following undergraduate and graduate degrees are awarded by Wentworth Institute of Technology
- Associates in Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Master of Architecture
- Master of Science (College of Professional and Continuing Education only)
- Master of Engineering (College of Professional and Continuing Education only) Professional Degree Programs
- Professional Certificates (College of Professional and Continuing Education only)
Students who believe they are ready to receive their degree from Wentworth Institutes of Technology and have a grade point average of 2.0 or higher are required to complete a formal degree application. (See Academic Calendar for specific dates). Degree applications will not be accepted from students with a grade point average below 2.0. Applications for graduation are submitted via LeopardWeb and are required to ensure the Registrar has received all student credentials. Degrees conferred reflect the graduation that follows the student’s successful completion of all degree requirements; degrees are conferred in April, August, and December.
Participation in Commencement
Commencement ceremonies occur in April and August. Students in good academic standing may participate in Commencement and are subject to the following conditions:
- Students will have satisfied all graduation requirements by Commencement which includes in progress courses and at least a 2.0 cumulative grade-point average in the semester before graduation.
- Walk-on Policy - Students who have not satisfied all requirements may participate in the Commencement ceremony if they have met one of the following criteria and are pre-registered for the remaining requirements in the upcoming semester:
- must have no more than 8 remaining credits,
- one semester of required cooperative education
- four credits maximum and one required cooperative education semester
- exceptions that fall beyond those listed, require approval of the provost. If approval is granted the information will be sent to the graduation coordinator and entered the student’s permanent record.
- Students approved under the walk-on policy will not appear in the commencement program and must resubmit a new graduation application when all outstanding degree requirements have been met. Failure to do so does not guarantee a timely awarding of a degree.
Wentworth awards degrees in April, August, and December of each year, although commencement ceremonies are held in April and August. Students who have successfully completed all requirements for the degree before a specific graduation date are eligible to receive the degree as of that date. A diploma will not be awarded before all work is completed or before the date of graduation. Upon degree conferral, the academic record is sealed; grade changes, addition of a minor or certificate are not permitted after official award date of an undergraduate or graduate degree.
Students who do not successfully complete their degree requirements as a result of their final grades and who are not registered for a subsequent semester will be officially withdrawn from Wentworth. The effective date of the withdrawal will be reported as the final day of classes for the last semester in attendance.