You are here
2017-2018 Academic Catalog: College of Arts and Sciences
Patrick F. Hafford, Dean
Dobbs Hall, Room 301
College Mission Statement
The College of Arts and Sciences is essential to the education of all students at Wentworth Institute of Technology. Our college provides students in all disciplines with a deeper understanding of the foundations of their work, as well as the global challenges that require innovation and creativity. Courses and programs emphasize critical thinking, problem solving, data interpretation, ethics, and diverse communication and leadership skills. Our students hone the professional skills and theoretical expertise that distinguish them, beyond their specialization, as self-motivated and engaged citizens who possess the ability to adapt to the evolving future requirements of society.
College Vision Statement
To be recognized as a provider of cutting-edge interdisciplinary education that will offer students opportunities for personal growth and creativity, which will serve as the cornerstone of their successful careers.
The College of Arts and Sciences offers three undergraduate programs and one graduate program:
- The Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics (BSAM) program is a three-year degree (a four-year option is also available) that is geared toward students who wish to apply mathematics to solve problems faced by industry, government, biological science, and physical science.
- The Bachelor of Science in Business Management (BSM) degree is designed to help students become leaders by acquiring knowledge and competencies in management with optional concentrations in either project management or entrepreneurship.
- The Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems (BSIS) is an interdisciplinary major offering a solid background in the analysis, design, development, deployment, and administration of computer-based information systems within a business management context.
- The Master of Science in Technology Management (MSTM) is offered jointly with the College of Professional and Continuing Education in a fully online format. Classes are geared toward working professionals seeking to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to lead and manage in a technologically focused business environment. The online degree is designed to elevate students’ business acumen, strategic thinking, and people skills, all within the context of the issues and challenges specific to the technical world.
- The Master of Science in Project Management (MSPM) is offered jointly with the College of Professional and Continuing Education in a fully online format. The program provides graduates with a clear understanding of the management skills, expertise and ethics necessary to be successful as a project and project portfolio manager. Topics to be covered include communication strategies, technology project management, leadership, leveraging technical innovation and intellectual property, accounting and finance, new product development and commercialization, and global operations.