You are here
2016-2017 Academic Catalog: Student Affairs
The Office of Student Affairs acts as a resource, referral agent, and advocate for students. Staffed by the vice president of student affairs/dean of students, associate dean of students, assistant dean of students, coordinator of community standards, and assistant to the deans, the Office of Student Affairs provides information and support for students regarding non-academic and, in some instances, academic matters. Student Affairs oversees the following departments: Center for Student Engagement, Center for Cooperative Education + Career Development, Center for Wellness & Disability Services, Center for Diversity & Social Justice Programs, Housing and Residential Life, and the Schumann Fitness Center. The Office of Student Affairs also oversees student compliance with the Student Code of Conduct and the processes used to administer the code and student conduct.
Through the Office of Student Affairs, students can:
- Receive support for personal, financial, or academic matters,
- Inquire about services, resources, and opportunities available on campus,
- Receive information about fulfilling jury duty service as a student
- Seek assistance with Student Code of Conduct violations,
- File an official grievance at the Institute,
- Receive assistance in long term absences from the Institute (for example: hospitalization, bereavement, religious observance etc…),
- Receive a Wentworth Student Handbook,
- Receive information regarding Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).