You are here
2016-2017 Academic Catalog: College of Arts & Sciences
Mission & Vision
The College of Arts and Sciences is essential to the education of all students at Wentworth Institute of Technology. Our college provides students in all disciplines a deeper understanding of the foundations of their work as well as the global challenges that require innovation and creativity. Our courses and programs emphasize critical thinking, problem solving, data interpretation, ethics, and diverse communication and leadership skills. Our students hone the professional skills and theoretical expertise that distinguish them, beyond their specialization, as self-motivated and engaged citizens who possess the ability to adapt to the evolving future requirements of society.
The College of Arts and Sciences’ vision is to be recognized as a provider of cutting-edge interdisciplinary education that will offer students opportunities for personal growth and creativity and that will be the cornerstone of their successful careers.
The College of Arts and Sciences offers four undergraduate programs and two graduate programs:
- The Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics (BSAM) program is a three-year degree (a four-year option is also available) that is geared toward students who wish to apply mathematics to solve problems facing industry, government, biological, and physical science.
- The Bachelor of Science in Business Management (BSM) degree is designed to help students become leaders by acquiring knowledge and competencies in management with optional concentrations in either project management or entrepreneurship.
- The Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems (BSIS) is an interdisciplinary major offering a solid background in the analysis, design, development, deployment, and administration of computer-based information systems within a business management context.
- The Bachelor of Science in Facility Planning and Management (BFPM) program aims to develop in its students the recognized management skills and knowledge of current technologies necessary for entry-level professional practice in the rapidly growing profession of facility management.
- The Master of Science in Facility Management (MSFM) is offered in tandem with the College of Professional and Continuing Education (CPCE). The MSFM program is designed to educate students in foundational post-graduate management principles and enhanced facility management skills and knowledge. Students will learn the leadership and business skills necessary to respond to the demand to keep their facilities highly efficient and functional.
- The Master of Science in Technology Management (MSTM) is also offered jointly with the College of Professional and Continuing Education, and is offered in a fully online format for working professionals seeking to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to lead and manage in a technologically focused business environment. The online degree is designed to elevate students’ business acumen, strategic thinking, and people skills, all within the context of the issues and challenges specific to the technical world.