Business Management Outcomes and Accreditation
The Bachelor of Science in Business Management (BSM) degree is designed to help students become leaders by acquiring knowledge and competencies in both management and technology.
With a strong professional foundation in domestic and international management, policy, and practice, the BSM program strives to prepare diverse students for positions of leadership in the private and public sector. Graduates are prepared to create, refine, and sustain an organization's competitive advantage by developing processes, managing technological resources and leading its people. The BSM program promotes and assesses an evolving scholarly environment in conjunction with academic and industry leaders. Students are also prepared to pursue graduate studies and lifelong learning.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of the fundamental principles in the functional areas of business.
- Students will explain the global dimensions of business.
- Students will apply ethical principles to leadership decisions.
- Students will apply quantitative decision-support tools in decision making.
- Students will demonstrate effective professional communication skills.
- Students will integrate learning to address real world problems.
Student outcomes are measured using a number of assessments. More information can be found in the 2015 BSM IACBE Outcomes Assessment Report to the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
Wentworth Institute of Technology has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE:
Department of Business Management and Facility Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management
- Bachelor of Science in Facility Planning and Management