Massachusetts law requires that all students who are enrolled for nine or more credit hours per semester (or on Co-op) be covered by a school sponsored health insurance plan. For information about the health services provided to students on campus please visit our Health Services page.
- A Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) is available through Wentworth. The SHIP offers exceptional coverage at an outstanding value compared to most options available to students. For coverage details including costs, benefits, exclusions, any reductions or limitations, please review the plan at the United Healthcare website or call 1-800-767-0700.
- If you wish to purchase the Student Health Insurance Plan, complete the online enrollment form. Students must pay the premium in full before enrolling in the health insurance plan
- Coverage for the 2018-2019 annual health insurance plan begins on August 28, 2018 and extends through August 27, 2019
- Coverage for the 2019-2020 Wentworth health insurance plan will be released sometime in June 2019
- All students who are enrolled for nine or more credit hours per semester (or on Co-op) will automatically be billed for the student insurance plan
- If you are already covered by an alternate plan that offers comparable coverage and would like to waive the college plan, you MUST complete the Health Insurance Waiver located online by the billing due date for the term in which the charge is applied. Once the waiver is completed, a credit will be added to your account to offset the charge on your bill. The health insurance waiver is required to be completed every academic year.
Failure to complete the online waiver by the bill due date will result in a mandated health insurance charge. Students will then be responsible for paying any outstanding balance in full.
- Any questions regarding the billing process should be directed to the Student Service Center (617-989-4020)
- Wentworth requires international students to be enrolled in the college plan (SHIP).
- Dependent coverage is available for dependents of students who enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan. Rates for dependents can be found on the United Healthcare website.
- Massachusetts state law does not recognize out of state Medicaid coverage as comparable insurance and therefore it will not qualify for the waiver. In addition, the following health plans will not qualify for the wavier: MassHealth Limited, Health Safety Net, and Children's Medical Security Plan. Students who use these types of plans to fill out the health insurance waiver will be denied. In cases where these state sponsored health plans will continue their coverage for the student, additional documentation from the insurance provider will be needed to qualify for the waiver.
The Wentworth Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) provides reasonable premium rates for students and dependents. For benefit details, visit United Healthcare or call 1-800-767-0700. The college plan (SHIP) is underwritten by Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Insurance Company and administered by UnitedHealthCare StudentResources.