How Do I Take a Math Course At Another Institution?

Permission should be received prior to taking a math course at another institution.  Before you begin, please be aware that you may only petition to take a first or second year course at another institution if you have not failed the course at Wentworth. 

Step 1: Find an Equivalent Course
First, find a course at another institute that matches the description of the Wentworth course you wish to take elsewhere. The course description must come from a current catalog from the institution where the course is to be taken and should include the number of credits.  You will also need to obtain a copy of the course syllabus. 

Step 2: Submit Paperwork
Next, fill out a  Transfer Credit Authorization Form.  Submit (1) the complete form along with (2) the course description and (3) the course syllabus/learning outcomes to The Department of Applied Mathematics for review.  The department chair determines if the course content and credit hours are equivalent and then approves or denies the petition.  Forms and descriptions can be submitted electronically to Maureen Greenwood at or dropped off in Ira Allen 323.  You do not need an appointment to deliver your forms.  Students are notified of the status of their forms by email within three to five business days from the day the completed paperwork was submitted for review.

Step 3: Follow Up
After you complete the course, you must arrange for an official transcript to be sent to the Registrar's Office.  In order for the credit to transfer, you must receive a final grade of a "C" or better.