You are here
Transfer Student Admissions
Thinking about Transferring to Wentworth?
Finding the right school is all about fit—with your character, personality, learning style and your academic and career goals. We are glad you are considering Wentworth as you continue your education. We’re always interested in motivated, career-oriented students who want to make a difference in the world.
When evaluating transfer applicants, we have two primary criteria:
- Academic achievement – We look at both high school and college transcripts; a typical admitted transfer student at Wentworth has an average GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Personal qualities – Through a candidate’s personal statement or essay, and interests and activities, we look for those who are motivated to succeed in their chosen field.
Wentworth allows you to transfer credits for courses you have already taken. We review each course on an individual basis to determine if it is applicable and acceptable. Credits will be transferred only for courses with a grade of C or better. You must complete 50% of your curriculum at Wentworth in order to graduate.
Applying to Wentworth
Wentworth practices rolling admissions, which means we review each application as soon as we receive all required documents. The priority deadline for spring applicants is December 1 and fall applications is February 15. After this date, some programs may be closed to further applications, so we encourage you to apply early.
Transfer Application Requirements
- The application form and $50 application fee
- Personal statement or essay
- Recommendation (from a professor or other professional familiar with your academic abilities)
- Final official high school transcript
- Official college transcripts (photocopies and faxes are not considered official) from all other institutions of higher learning you have attended.
- A completed Transfer Report
- SAT/ACT Scores (students within 1 year of high school graduation)
- TOEFL Scores (please refer to our English Proficiency Requirements)
- Students planning to major in Industrial or Interior Design who have taken similar coursework at other institutions must submit a portfolio of their work for review by the Department of Design and Facilities for consideration of transfer credit. Students should contact the department directly to schedule the review. Students majoring in Architecture must complete all architectural courses at Wentworth.
- Please take a look at our Transfer Credit Guide for more information of how your credits may transfer to Wentworth from another institution.
Additional Requirements for International Transfer Student
- Wentworth Institute of Technology requires that applicants with coursework or degrees from a non-U.S. university have their transcript evaluated for potential transfer credit. Students must obtain a professional transcript evaluation from one of the following companies:
Type of transcript evaluation report students should order: Course-by-Course Report
- All transfer students (U.S. and non-U.S. universities) must also provide a catalog or syllabus form each post-secondary school attended containing course descriptions for all classes completed. If the documents are in a language other than English, they must be accompanied by the official English translations. All records should indicate the number of lecture and/or laboratory hours per week and the grade received for each course.
How We Evaluate Transfer Credit
We know your ability to transfer credits can play a critical role in your decision to attend Wentworth. Therefore, we streamline the evaluation process as much as possible.
We review every course to determine its applicability to the program for which you are applying. Credits will be transferred only for courses with a grade of C or better. Generally, we evaluate classes based on their available catalog descriptions.
Students planning to major in Industrial or Interior Design who have taken similar coursework at other institutions must submit a portfolio of their work for review by the Department of Design and Facilities for consideration of transfer credit. Students should contact the department directly to schedule the review. Students majoring in Architecture must complete all architectural courses at Wentworth.
Please take a look at our Transfer Credit Guide for more information of how your credits may transfer to Wentworth from another institution. To learn more about Advanced Placement/International Baccalaureate exams and to see how scores are currently transferring, please click here. To learn more about Project Lead The Way and receiving college credit, please click here.
Students are required to take a minimum of 50 percent of their curriculum at Wentworth. If you have questions about the required course of study for any of our majors, please review the Wentworth catalog carefully and/or contact the appropriate academic department directly.
Once accepted, we will send you an evaluation of your transfer credits and a list of courses you need to take at Wentworth – usually within three weeks following your acceptance letter.
For more information
Wentworth Admissions Office
617-989-4000 or 800-556-0610