Transfer Student Admissions
Transfer Student Open House
Wentworth Institute of Technology will be hosting a Transfer Student Open House on Thursday, June 15, 2017 from 5:00PM-7:30PM. This event is a great opportunity to learn more about Wentworth, the transfer process, and the academic departments. We also recommend bringing copies of your transcripts as Wentworth's Transfer Credit Coordinator will be on-site to discuss transfer credits.
Further Transfer Student Open House details are listed below:
Location: Beatty Hall 119
5:15PM: Campus Tour
6:00PM: Admissions Presentation
6:30-7:30PM: Meet with Academic and Student Life departments
Register today to attend!
If you have any questions please call the Admissions Office at (617) 989-4000
Thinking about Transferring to Wentworth?
Finding the right school is all about fit—with your character, personality, learning style and your academic and career goals. We are glad you are considering Wentworth as you continue your education. We’re always interested in motivated, career-oriented students who want to make a difference in the world.
When evaluating transfer applicants, we have two primary criteria:
- Academic achievement – We look at both high school and college transcripts; a typical admitted transfer student at Wentworth has an average GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Personal qualities – Through a candidate’s personal statement or essay, and interests and activities, we look for those who are motivated to succeed in their chosen field.
Wentworth allows you to transfer credits for courses you have already taken. We review each course on an individual basis to determine if it is applicable and acceptable. Credits will be transferred only for courses with a grade of C or better. You must complete 50% of your curriculum at Wentworth in order to graduate.
Applying to Wentworth
Wentworth practices rolling admissions, which means we review each application as soon as we receive all required documents. The priority deadline for fall applications is February 15. After this date, some programs may be closed to further applications, so we encourage you to apply early.
A complete transfer application includes the following requirements:
- The application form and $50 application fee
- Personal statement or essay
- Recommendation (from a professor or other professional familiar with your academic abilities)
- Final official high school transcript
- Official college transcripts (photocopies and faxes are not considered official) from all other institutions of higher learning you have attended.
- A completed Transfer Report
- SAT/ACT Scores (students within 1 year of high school graduation)
- TOEFL Scores (please refer to our English Proficiency Requirements)
- Students planning to major in Industrial or Interior Design who have taken similar course work at other institutions must submit a portfolio of their work for review by the Department of Design and Facilities for consideration of transfer credit. Students should contact the department directly to schedule the review. Students majoring in Architecture must complete all architectural courses at Wentworth.
- Please take a look at our Transfer Credit Guide for more information of how your credits may transfer to Wentworth from another institution.
How We Evaluate Transfer Credit
We know your ability to transfer credits can play a critical role in your decision to attend Wentworth. Therefore, we streamline the evaluation process as much as possible.
We review every course to determine its applicability to the program for which you are applying. Credits will be transferred only for courses with a grade of C or better. Generally, we evaluate classes based on their available catalog descriptions.
Students planning to major in Industrial or Interior Design who have taken similar course work at other institutions must submit a portfolio of their work for review by the Department of Design and Facilities for consideration of transfer credit. Students should contact the department directly to schedule the review. Students majoring in Architecture must complete all architectural courses at Wentworth.
Please take a look at our Transfer Credit Guide for more information of how your credits may transfer to Wentworth from another institution.
Students are required to take a minimum of 50 percent of their curriculum at Wentworth. If you have questions about the required course of study for any of our majors, please review the Wentworth catalog carefully and/or contact the appropriate academic department directly.
Once accepted, we will send you an evaluation of your transfer credits and a list of courses you need to take at Wentworth – usually within three weeks following your acceptance letter.
For more information
Wentworth Admissions Office
617-989-4000 or 800-556-0610