Wentworth’s Policies and Practices Toward Digital Accessibility
Wentworth has taken proactive steps towards digital accessibility which include:
- Entering into purchasing agreements with vendors only if the product is deemed accessible per federal electronic information technology accessibility guidelines (Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973),
- Providing closed captions for all public facing videos, course-related and instructional videos, as well as providing transcripts for auditory materials (benefits people who are deaf/hard of hearing, people with ADHD, people with auditory learning disabilities, people who prefer to learn visually or both auditorily and visually)
- We are currently working on a caption process and workflow
- Ensuring all electronic text is readable via screen reader and text to speech software for people who are blind/low vision, people with ADHD, people with print-based disabilities, people who are auditory learners or who prefer to learn both auditorily and visually).
- We are currently working on the logistics for the Blackboard Ally pilot and implementation