Course Based Academic Support
Study Tables are drop-in tutoring opportunities. No appointment necessary. Come and do your homework with a tutor available.
Facilitated Study Groups (FSGs) are drop-in opportunities for all levels. A faculty member and tutors will be present.
Learning Labs are drop-in weekly review sessions focused on the most important topic for the week.
Individual 1-1 Tutoring (most first and second year courses)
Facilitated Study Groups
- Facilitated Study Group- Tuesdays, 3:00-6:00 in the Ira Allen Form
- Facilitated Study Group – Thursdays, 3:00-5:00 in the Ira Allen Forum
Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Study Table – Tuesdays, 5:00-7:00 in Bond Conference Room (2nd Floor of Ira Allen)
Engineering Chemistry I
- Study Table – TBA
College Math I
- Study Table – TBA
- Study Table – Thursdays, 4-6PM in Glbane Conference Room (Beatty 014)
Network Theory II
- Study Table – Thursdays, 3:30-5:30 in Bond Conference Room (2nd Floor of Ira Allen)
English Conversation Groups
Admissions Presentation Room (Williston 113) from 12-1PM
- February 1, 14
- March 1, 21
- April 5
Wentworth 308 from 12-1PM
- Time Management Reboot: January 24 and 25
- Email Etiquette, Part 2: February 7 and 8
- Refworks: March 14 and 15
- Incorporating Sources Effectively: March 28 and 29
- Learning Labs (Math 1750 and 1175- Engineering Calculus II and Integrated Engineering Calc II)
- Sundays, 6:00 - 8:00 in 525 Huntington Classroom
- Mondays, 6:00 - 8:00 in Beatty 418
- Tuesdays, 6:00 - 8:00 in Beatty 418
- Wednesdays, 6:00 - 8:00 in 525 Huntington Classroom
- Thursdays, 6:00 - 8:00 in 525 Huntington Classroom
Academic Success Workshops
Planning, Organizing and Managing your Time
January 18 @ noon in Beatty 033
January 19 @ 8:00 PM at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/934442629
What are your goals this semester? Less stress? Feeling prepared for tests and exams? More free time? Everybody needs to be able to manage their time to meet their goals. At this session we will spend some time practicing planning and organization strategies to help you in classes, co-ops and beyond.
January 25 @ noon in Beatty 033
January 26 @ 8:00 PM at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/934442629
You go to class, you read the book. Do you take notes to help you remember what you are learning? Want to learn some tried and true note-taking strategies? This session will introduce you to effective note-taking skills and strategies to help you learn.
Reading Science and Math Textbooks
February 1 @ noon in Beatty 033
February 2 @ 8:00 PM at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/934442629
Do you know how to get the most from your math and science text books? How to make the most of the time that you spend reading your texts? Come and learn strategies to become a more efficient learner.
February 8 @ noon in Beatty 033
Not feeling motivated? Want to learn how to tap into your motivational powers to push yourself to achieve better grades? Join this workshop to learn how to bust through your procrastination
Effective Learning Strategies
February 15 @ noon Beatty 033
February 16 @ 8:00 PM at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/934442629
Are you learning as efficiently and effectively as you could be? Learn about the study cycle and how you can get more out of the time you take to study. This session will cover strategies to help you boost your learning and studying time. This session focuses on research based techniques proven to help students learn.
Good to Great
3 part series – plan to attend all three sessions beginning on February 22 in Beatty 033
This three part session takes an in-depth look at how people learn and then applies that to college students. In this workshop series, students will examine their current class materials, learn strategies to apply to their classes, practice these strategies and reflect on their effectiveness. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
March 22 @ noon in Beatty 033
End of the semester presentations-Get past those ‘umm’s and ‘ah’s! Come learn how to kick your presentations skills up a notch and impress your professor and classmates.