Meet the Provost
Richard S. Hansen
The Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs is the Institute’s Chief Academic Officer, responsible for the overall quality of the curriculum, including teaching, assessment of learning outcomes, scholarship and service. The Provost oversees the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Engineering and Technology, the College of Architecture, Design and Construction Management, the College of Continuing and Professional Education, the Douglas D. Schuman Library & Learning Commons and Institutional Accreditation and Assessment.
The Provost guides the Institute in implementing the academic plan, with a special emphasis on creating transformational educational experiences through integrating externally collaborative, project based, interdisciplinary curricula (EPIC). The Provost collaborates with the President in setting overall academic priorities; and works with the deans and department chairs and faculty leadership to recruit and retain strong faculty.
The Provost is also charged with:
- Sustaining and expanding Wentworth’s innovation and creativity reputation and focus;
- Enhancing Wentworth’s workforce development impact within the community;
- Furthering student retention and graduation through academic advising and supporting individual academic needs;
- In cooperation with other senior officers, developing the Institute’s annual budget;
- Fostering a culture of respect and trust.