Academic Deadlines for Faculty
Calendar and Important Deadlines -2020-21
- September 15 - Application Due to Academic Dean
- October 1 - Academic Deans Notify Applicant
- October 15 - Applicant to Respond and/or Defer
- November 2 - Last Day for Sabbatical Committee to review applications
- December 4- Sabbatical Committee to make recommendation to the Provost
- January 15, 2021 - Provost to Notifies Applicant (barring emergencies)
- February 15 - Application submitted to the Office of the Provost
- March 22 - Provost informs the faculty member if he/she will receive the grant
Promotion in Rank:
- September 15 - Last date for faculty written request to department chair for promotion
- October 1 - The department chair will notify the candidate in writing with a copy to the Office of the Provost, whether they are ready for promotion review. The candidate may choose to proceed or stop the process at this time.
- October 15 - The candidate must submit (to the Office of the Provost) the names and contact information for individuals who will be asked to write letters of references.
- December 2 - Candidates are strongly encouraged to prepare and review their digital binder with their respective chairs and deans by this date. It is critically important, and to the advantage of candidates, to have chairs and deans review files prior to the January 7 deadline so letters reflect the content submitted.
- December 15 - Letters of reference are due.
- January 7 - All electronic material (Volume I & II) must be submitted online by 11:59 pm on January 7. The system automatically closes at this time. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- February 22 - Last date for the promotion committee to consider an application
- March 2 - Last date for the promotion committee to vote
- March 9 - Last date for the promotion committee to send recommendations to the provost
- March 30 - Last date for the provost to send recommendations to the president
- April 20 - Last date for the president to decide on promotions
- Fall 2020 - Fall course manuals due in Department Chair’s office by December 18; assessment piece due January 11
- Spring 2021– Spring course manuals due in Department Chair’s office by May 7; Assessment piece due May 12
- Summer 2021– Summer course manuals due in Department Chair’s Office by August 27; Assessment piece due September 7
Annual Reports/Faculty Planning Worksheets:
- December 1, 2020 – Evaluation forms/planning worksheet/rubric will be available
- January 29, 2021 Probationary Faculty – Annual Reports/Planning Worksheets due in PeopleAdmin
- February 12, 2021 - Annual Reports/Planning Worksheets for Faculty (not Probationary) due in PeopleAdmin
- February 19, 2021 – Deadline for Department Chairs to meet with Probationary Faculty
- March 26, 2021– Department Chairs to meet with all Faculty (non-Probationary)
- October 1 - Seniority List to Federation
- May 3 – Applications for Professional Leaves for Fall due to Office of the Provost with copy to Dean and Chair.
- September 2 - Applications for Professional Leaves for Spring due to Office of the Provost, with copy to Dean and Chair.