- What is Panopto?
- Possible Uses
- Getting Started
- Tutorials and Resources
- News and Notes
- For more information
What is Panopto?
Panopto is an enterprise lecture capture and delivery platform that allows the user to include video, audio, screen capture, slides and quizzes into a recording. All Wentworth faculty, staff, and students have the ability to create and share recordings in Panopto.
Panopto is not limited to, but can be used in the following ways:
- Record in-person class sessions
- Pre-record lectures to "flip the classroom"
- Pre-record lectures for online classes
- Create embedded quizzes in a video to assess student comprehension of material
- Facilitate active learning
- Have students create a recording for an assignment
- Upload audio or video files to share files with other users
- Create and share video tutorials
To learn more about Panopto, we invite you to view the short video and contact a member of the Learning Innovation and Technology team to discuss ways you can integrate video into your course design.
How do I get started?
Add Panopto to a Blackboard course website
Panopto's Blackboard integration brings video directly to the Blackboard interface. Instructors can add and manage their video files inside their familiar Blackboard course website. Each Panopto recording can be linked or embedded as Blackboard content, where students can watch on any laptop or mobile device. Below, we will detail how to provision (configure) your Blackboard course website for use with Panopto.
Add a New Tool Link in your Bb course website
- Log into Blackboard and access the desired course that you want to configure using Panopto.
- Click the + icon from the Blackboard Course Menu to add a new tool to the left hand menu.
- Select Tool Link from the list.
The Add Tool Link window will appear.
- Select Panopto Course Tool Application from list of options.
- Next, enter Panopto in the Name field.
- Do not select the Available to Users checkbox.
Students do not have to access the Panopto folder that you are about to setup.
- Click Submit when finished.
You will see the new tool in the Blackboard Course Menu.
Provision (configure) your Bb Course for use with Panopto
- Click Panopto (or the name you entered) to continue provisioning your course. You will see the following message: This course is not provisioned with Panopto. Before a course can be used with Panopto it must be setup.
- Click Configure. The Configure Panopto Course screen will appear.
- Click Add Course to Panopto to continue. The Configure Panopto Connector (confirmation) screen will appear. Note the Result section indicates that the course was successfully provisioned.
- Click Return to course. You will return to your Blackboard course website.
- Click Panopto (or the name you entered) to access your provisioned Panopto course folder. You will now see the provisioned Panopto course folder.
Download and Install the Panopto Recorder
Now that you have provisioned your course, the next step is to download and install the Panopto Recorder. Below, we will detail how to download and install the Panopto Recorder.
Record a new Panopto Session
Now that the installation and provisioning logistics have been addressed, let's have some fun and record a new session!
Below, we will detail how to record a new session in Panopto.
Embed Panopto Video in Blackboard course website:
Ok. We are cooking now! Now that you have recorded a Panopto video session, let's show you how to embed the video in your Blackboard course website for your students to view. Below, we will detail how to embed a Panopto video in a Bb course website.
Tutorials and Resources
To further assist you, we have created a series of custom tip sheets and video tutorials designed for Wentworth faculty and students. Please take a moment to view the titles below for additional help. You can also access the Panopto Support Site where you can browse documentation and view helpful video tutorials. As always, you can reach out to the LIT team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and schedule an individual training consultation. Please also check our events page ^^FIX LINK for workshops and training sessions.
Tutorials and Resources
To further assist you, we have created a series of custom tip sheets and video tutorials designed for Wentworth faculty and students. Please take a moment to view the titles below for additional help. You can also access the Panopto Support Site where you can browse documentation and view helpful video tutorials. As always, you can reach out to the LIT team via email at email@example.com and schedule an individual training consultation. Please also check our events page for workshops and training sessions.
- Provision Panopto for Individual Course Use in Bb: Video / PDF
- Download and Install Panopto Recorder: Video / PDF
- Record a New Panopto Session: Video / PDF
- Embed Panopto Video in Blackboard course website: Video / PDF
- Basic Editing: PDF
- Automatic Captions: PDF
- Creating a Quiz: PDF
- Add Panopto Graded Quiz Link in Bb: PDF