Lynda.com Becomes LinkedIn Learning
- Lynda.com Becomes LinkedIn Learning
- What is LinkedIn Learning?
- Upgraded Features to Explore
- Things to Know
- For additional assistance
Wentworth Institute of Technology has upgraded your Lynda.com account to LinkedIn Learning to help fuel your lifetime of learning and professional development. Find details about the upgrade below or log in to LinkedIn Learning to start exploring yourself.
Upgraded Features to Explore
LinkedIn Learning is the same online course content you know and appreciate in Lynda.com with a range of new benefits:
- Same Look, New Content: LinkedIn Learning offers the same high-quality library of on-demand, expert-led instructional videos as Lynda.com
- Flexible Learning: Watch instructional videos on any device, on and offline, at your convenience
- User Friendly: Find and view content more quickly and easily with an improved interface
- Personalized Learning: Curate your experience with trending skills in your field based on your likes and what your colleagues are watching
- Automatic Carryover: Your Lynda.com learning history, account information, and certifications will be waiting for you in LinkedIn Learning
- Stay Ahead: Insights from 575 million users help predict learning trends that will empower you to learn more
There are a few things to know about the transition from Lynda.com to LinkedIn Learning.
- Lynda.com Redirect Scenarios: While many links will redirect automatically, some may not. Contact LIT to learn more about action steps that may be necessary.
- Blackboard and LinkedIn Learning: Enhance your course materials with LinkedIn Learning using the Blackboard integration tool.
- Ways to Access Your Account: LinkedIn Learning is available on-demand through the web or mobile apps. Download the LinkedIn Learning App for your mobile device.
What is LinkedIn Learning?
LinkedIn Learning offers more than 5,000 on-demand courses on business, creative, and technology skills, and it's available at no additional cost to Wentworth faculty, staff, and students. Watch this video introduction to LinkedIn Learning for Lynda.com users to learn about the highlights of what you'll get with the upgrade.
Frequently Asked Questions
What changes to my access and features as a Learner?
You will continue to be able to watch all of the same content, bookmark courses, and obtain certificates of completion. In addition, all of your learning history and certificates will appear on your new account as part of the upgrade. Watch the "How to Use LinkedIn Learning" course for details on all features and functionality available to you.
Do I need to connect my LinkedIn profile?
No, but it's recommended to receive additional benefits such as personalized recommendations for skills and position, as well as what's trending on LinkedIn Learning based on LinkedIn data. This will help LinkedIn Learning give you a learning experience that's tailor made for your needs. You will have the option to connect your LinkedIn profile or create a separate Learning account during activation.
Will my administrator have access to view my LinkedIn activity on my personal account?
No, your administrator will not see your private LinkedIn activity. Because this is paid for by Wentworth, your administrator will ONLY be able to see your LinkedIn Learning activity (such as courses you've completed).
Do I control what is displayed in my LinkedIn profile?
Yes, your LinkedIn Learning activity will not show on your LinkedIn profile unless you choose to add a completed course.
Is the content the same on LinkedIn Learning as on Lynda.com?
Yes. all of the same great content you know from Lynda.com will be on LinkedIn Learning.
Can I bring across my history from Lynda.com?
Or will I have two separate accounts for Lynda.com and LinkedIn Learning? Yes, when the upgrade is completed on August 22, 2019 all of your history, in progress and bookmarks, will be in your new LinkedIn Learning account.
Can I continue to use Lynda.com while the upgrade is going on?
No, the upgrade will take approximately 18 hours during which access to Lynda.com will be unavailable. You'll receive an email from Wentworth with steps to activate your brand new LinkedIn Learning account when the upgrade is completed.
What if I don't have a LinkedIn account?
- If you do not have a personal LinkedIn account, we will guide you through the steps of creating one at that time. Learn more about how to Build Your LinkedIn Profile.
How do I log into LinkedIn Learning?
Once you activate your LinkedIn Learning account, you will login using your Wentworth credentials. If you choose to link your LinkedIn account during activation, you will be able to use those credentials to access LinkedIn Learning.
For Additional Assistance
Please contact Learning Innovation & Technology for assistance using LinkedIn Learning content in your courses, email email@example.com, stop by Beatty 318, or call (617) 989-5428.