Camtasia is a screen recorder and video editor that is simple-to-use, but flexible enough to take on larger projects down the road. You get a high-quality screen recorder with a built-in video editor. This allows you to easily record and edit your video and audio. Camtasia is built for anyone who needs to make a how-to, tutorial, or training video in just a few easy steps
- Capture crisp video and audio from your desktop. Or record webcam to add a personal touch to your video.
- Camtasia gives you pre-made animations that are simple to customize. Effects add professionalism and polish to your videos with drag-and-drop functionality.
- Grab attention in your videos with eye-catching titles, annotations, effects and more.
- Add zoom in, zoom out, and pan animations to your screen recordings.
- Add quizzes and interactivity to encourage and measure learning in your videos.
- Use transitions between scenes and slides to improve the flow of your videos.
Learning Innovation and Technology currently owns 10 licenses of Camtasia 2020 available on institution-owned laptops that Wentworth faculty and staff can borrow to complete their projects. If you are interested in using Camtasia or would like to learn more about the software, please visit us in Beatty 318 and we will be happy to assist.
Meantime, please feel free to watch this helpful tutorial.
What's New in Camtasia 2020
1. Video Templates
Create and share a video template to help video collaborators quickly build consistent and professional videos. See Create and Edit Video Templates.
Create a video from custom or downloaded template to:
- Create consistent videos across your team or project.
- Quickly recreate a video based on common video elements or video type.
2. Placeholders and Replaceable Media
3. Camtasia Packages
Create a Camtasia Package (.campackage) to back up and share your Camtasia resources such as templates, shortcuts, libraries, themes, and presets into a single file for deployment across computers, teams, and organizations. See Package and Share Camtasia Resources.
4. Favorites and Presets
Add a preset or favorite to save your custom annotations, transitions, behaviors, animations, and effects. See Save Custom Properties for Enhancements (Presets).
5. Timeline Enhancements
- Automatically remove spaces between media on a track to insert or rearrange media on the timeline with magnetic tracks.
- Detach the timeline to view more tracks at a time or to move to another monitor for precise editing.
- Create unique animations with track mattes.
6. Media Bin Enhancements
New views help you to quickly sort and find media. Identify unused media in the Media Bin to clean up a project. See Organize Media in Camtasia.
7. Recording Enhancements
Camtasia 2020 includes webcam capture improvements, ability to capture screen recordings at higher frame rates, and other recording enhancements. See Record the Screen and Audio.
Please take moment to review Camtasia 2020 tutorials found on the Camtasia Support site.
Please contact Learning Innovation & Technology for assistance using this product in your course or project. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, stop by Beatty 318, or call (617) 989-5428.