Installing Autocad on Windows
- Download and Run the Autocad installer package from LeopardWeb.
- Click next to begin the installation.
- Click next to uninstall any installed versions of Autocad
- Click next again to start the installation of Autocad
- Click run to launch the installer
- The installer will begin to install Autocad. If any more compatibility windows open, select “Run without getting help” for each of them
- This window will appear shortly after the install, however the installation is not complete.
10. Many different windows will appear to install different parts of Autocad and its dependencies
- Launch Autocad
- Click the arrow next to the question mark, and select “About Autocad”
- Select “Product Information” from the window that appears
- Click “Borrow License”
- Select the date to which you would like to borrow the Autocad license for, and then click “Borrow License.” Licenses can be borrowed for a maximum of 180 days. After that, you will have to return to campus to borrow the license again.
- A message will appear confirming that you have borrowed the license.
- Licenses for Autocad are borrowed for the entire Autodesk Suite, including Autocad, Civil 3D, NavisWorks, and Revit.