You are here
Lab Monitor Job Description
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Lab Monitor is responsible for the operation of the Beatty Print Center for the duration of the shift by performing the following duties:
- Perform Tier 1 Help Desk responsibilities including but not limited to password resets, software troubleshooting, software installation, and printer installation.
- Ensure functionality of all Print Center equipment and reporting through the job ticket system any equipment that cannot be fixed by the Lab Monitor.
- Ensures adherence to all process’ and procedures outline in the Lab Monitor Handbook
- Assume responsibility for supplies, completion of assigned trouble tickets, and lab security.
- Perform campus lab checks of DTS responsible computers labs and other assets as assigned.
- Other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill(s), and/or abilities required. Basic computer knowledge as well as customer service experience is a plus.
- Must be a Wentworth student currently eligible for employment.
- Must have technical knowledge of the computing and printing equipment to provide leadership in maintenance and troubleshooting for the assigned lab.
- Must be able to work with no supervision.
- Must be able to supervise other students and demonstrate effective customer services skills.
- Must accept responsibility for being the sole point of contact for all of DTS for the duration of assigned shift.
- Must be able to enter and handle assigned job ticketing responsibilities.
Lab Monitor must be familiar with all of the computing and printing equipment in the Print Center. The monitor should be reliable in order to meet the work schedule and accountable for all activities that transpire in the Print Center during their shift. The candidate should possess advanced customer service skills and empathy for the needs and problems Print Center users encounter. The candidate should be a problem solver who is capable of following DTS procedures and policies. The candidate must be a confident self-starter who desires to improve the support structure of the Print Center, and who can function as a Team Leader for Special Projects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must regularly lift and carry small packages of up to 10 pounds
- May occasionally lift and carry boxes of supplies and/or equipment weighing up to 35 pounds and carry to other locations within the office
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.