2017 Junior and 5th Year BELM Students
When and where is laptop refresh?
Laptop computer refresh will happen on Tuesday, September 5th, 2017, from 9:00AM to 4:00PM at the Tech Spot, Room 320 Beatty Hall.
At that time, you will be required to turn in your current laptop to receive a new laptop.
We remind you that classes will be in session and you need to make every effort to attend class. You will not be excused from class to pick-up your laptop and you do not need to skip class to pick up your laptop.
Please bring your Wentworth student identification card with you and make sure that all student account holds have been resolved. We cannot issue you a laptop without your student identification card. At laptop distribution, you will be asked to sign a User Agreement.
What if I miss the day of the refresh?
Laptop refresh make-up will begin on Wednesday, September 4th, 2017, and go through Thursday, September 5th, 2017, from 9:00AM to 3:30PM each day at the Tech Spot, room 320 Beatty Hall.
After September 5th, 2017, you will need to call the Tech Spot at 617-989-4500 to make an appointment to pick up your laptop.
If you do not contact the Tech Spot and arrange to pick up your new laptop by the close of business on Wednesday, September 20th, 2017, we cannot guarantee that a brand new laptop will be available for you. Depending on availability, you would receive the same model laptop that may be refurbished.
Preparing to turn in your laptop
All students must do the following before you come to refresh your laptop:
- Back up your data! Technology Services will not be able to assist you in backing up your data on the day of the refresh. You must have all of your data backed up before you come to the gym. Note: The laptop you are returning will be reimaged and your data files will be irretrievable.
- Do not attempt to remove any stickers from the laptop.
Day of the refresh
- Bring your Student ID (no laptops will be distributed without a Student ID), your old laptop, and the charger.
- Make sure all student account holds have been cleared.
- The refresh process will involve an inspection of your old machine, "checking in" your old laptop, assigning a new laptop, and then doing the initial set-up of your new laptop.
- You will keep the backpack you were initially given.
Damaged or missing laptops or laptop components - It is recommended that students visit the Tech Spot well BEFORE laptop refresh day to have their laptop checked out if they feel that they may be subject to charges on laptop refresh day.
You must also verify you have all the laptop component parts you need to return. The laptop needs to come back to Technology Services with the power adapter, battery, and all internal components. The following is a list of prices that will be charged for broken/missing parts (if applicable, the charge will appear on your tuition account). To avoid these charges, please replace the components (visit Laptop Services and click the appropriate partner site):
- Minor dents and scratches - No Charge
- Stickers - No Charge - Please do NOT attempt to remove any stickers from the laptop
- Missing battery - up to $150
- Missing AC Adapter - up to $100
- Cracked LCD Display – up to $250
- Case Damage (causing the machine or a component to be inoperable) – varies, up to $250
- Case Damage (not necessarily causing the machine or a component to be inoperable) - varies, up to $250 depending on the specific laptop component
Contact the Wentworth Laptop Program at email@example.com.