You are here
Supplier Code of Conduct
Wentworth Institute of Technology Supplier Code of Conduct
Wentworth Institute of Technology recognizes that its purchasing decisions have implications for the local economy and broader society. As such, Wentworth is embarking on a process to work with its suppliers to promote a common set of ethics and standards throughout the College’s supply chain, including environmental, social, and economic aspects of sustainability.
This document establishes a code of conduct to ensure current and potential College suppliers act in accordance with the College’s ethical and environmental standards.
Wentworth Institute of Technology is committed to conducting its business in an ethical, legal, and socially responsible manner. The College expects its suppliers to share this commitment and, therefore, has established this Supplier Code of Conduct. We expect that our suppliers will meet the minimum requirements in order to do business with the College.
Supplier Code of Conduct
The College understands that vendors are independent entities, but the business practices and actions of a vendor may significantly impact and/or reflect upon us and our reputation. Therefore Wentworth expects a commitment to legal compliance and ethical business practices by all its vendors.
Wentworth recognizes the following principles as the basis for effective performance under this Code of Conduct:
- All suppliers must comply with all applicable laws, codes, or regulations of the countries, states, and localities in which they operate.
- All suppliers must comply with all environmental laws and regulations applicable to their operations worldwide.
- All suppliers are expected to provide their employees with a safe and healthy working environment in order to prevent accidents and injury to health arising out of, linked with, or occurring in the course of work or as a result of the operation of the supplier.
- All suppliers are expected to adopt a sound labor practice and treat their workers fairly in accordance with local laws and regulations. In addition suppliers must comply with the following standards:
- No child labor
- No forced labor
- Minimum Wages
- No discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, age, physical disability, national origin or any other basis prohibited by law
- All suppliers are expected to conduct their business in accordance with the highest standards of ethical behavior and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- It shall be the responsibility of each vendor and institutional purchaser to ensure its compliance with this code and to verify that its contractors are in compliance with this code.
- Wentworth reserves the right to modify and/or revise this code of conduct at any time, and will notify suppliers of any changes accordingly.
Date Adopted: 5/16/2011