You are here
Misuse of Procurement Card
The following situations are a few examples of “misuse” of the procurement card.
- Purchases made for the personal benefit of the cardholder or any other individual.
- Assignment or transfer of an individual card to an unauthorized person.
- Use of a procurement card by a suspended or terminated employee.
- Failure to review transactions on-line in a timely fashion.
- Lack of proper and timely reconciliation of individual cardholder account.
- Lack of proper documentation/explanation of transactions made.
Consequences of Misuse
- Cardholders who do not comply with the prescribed guidelines risk disciplinary procedures.
- The right to possess a Wentworth Procurement Card could be suspended or revoked.
- Restitution may be required in cases of improper use/documentation/authorization. Based upon the severity of misuse, disciplinary measures may include termination and legal action.